Joey Pelupessy “To have had (contract) talks by now was the plan but it’s been a bit quiet since this crisis"

Joey Pelupessy.jpeg

Joey Pelupessy has spoken to the Yorkshire Post about the current state of play at Wednesday and his own future..

Pelupessy said: “To have had (contract) talks by now was the plan but it’s been a bit quiet since this crisis.

"We had (initial) conversations but not much (was said at that stage) and before they could really get going, it (the pandemic) had started. They’ve stopped now because no one knows what’s going to happen.

"When we get back to training I think the conversations will start again. Maybe it’s too soon now.

"But I hope we can agree something because if the contract is finished and the season is back on, you cannot play.

"I would really like to stay because Sheffield Wednesday are a massive club. I could smell from the first day they really wanted promotion.

"We have a nice team, nice players and the manager (Garry Monk) is a nice guy. If I can stay I would be really happy about that. England is a beautiful country to play in. For a lot of players from outside it’s a dream to play in England.”

“I hope we’re going to finish the season and I want to finish it personally,” he told the Yorkshire Post. “I would be happy to extend my contract for four or six weeks or whatever so this can happen.

"For me it doesn’t matter how long it takes, but to be honest, the longer this goes on, the more doubt there is about whether we’re going to finish the season. We all hope we will but we just don’t know what’s going to happen.

“In Holland they’ve stopped the league already and the longer it takes in England (to reach a decision), the chances will be less because you’ve got other competitions to consider. From a football perspective the best thing is to finish it but if it’s not possible for health reasons, you cannot."

Owlstalk Shop

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Was on the cards. Will be on a relatively low wage. One of the hardest workers at the club. 

Just because some of the fans dont rare him doesn't mean the management dont.

..but the fact management rarely play him does.

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We are going to need to find a lot of new players on the cheap. Can see him staying as a squad player like semedo was

Except, Semedo could defend. 

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

..but the fact management rarely play him does.

Dont mean they dont want to renew his contract as a squad player though does it. Nuhiu is the best example of a player most want gone but all the managers we have had rate highly as a squad member.

Just now, Great Big Galaa said:

If Pelupessy gets offered a new deal then that says it all about Monk. Though he did offer Dawson a new one, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

May also say we are not going to be held to ransom anymore by players wanting 20-30k a week then missing half the season through injury.

2 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

If Pelupessy gets offered a new deal then that says it all about Monk. Though he did offer Dawson a new one, so we shouldn’t be surprised.

When did he offer Dawson his new contract?

Was it during his good spell when we were winning before Christmas?

I can't remember

Owlstalk Shop

22 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Was on the cards. Will be on a relatively low wage. One of the hardest workers at the club. 

Just because some of the fans dont rare him doesn't mean the management dont.

Bannan rates having alongside him, says he does the dirty work and mopping up,

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

When did he offer Dawson his new contract?

Was it during his good spell when we were winning before Christmas?

I can't remember

I think he signed it around January/February time when he became first choice again? 

A F***ing four year contract and I mean some slag off Ola Tidman and think this lad is a worthy successor to Westwood. I don’t remember Tidman getting 5 goals put past him 4 or 5 times?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

May also say we are not going to be held to ransom anymore by players wanting 20-30k a week then missing half the season through injury.

Fair enough but you just don’t resign players because they’ll take a lower wage than some when they can’t play. I mean FFS Pelupessy would struggle to put a counter in the corner during a game of connect 4 never mind take one during a game of football? 😩

Edited by Great Big Galaa
  • Haha 1