Could this affect the Championship too?

10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Utterly Utterly bizarre...

So totally outer space it beggars belief

less than 45 minute - that might solve the Owls problems for sure... we have thrown a lot of games away in the last 10 minutes.....  I'm ALL in for that proposal LOL

That being said, maybe they could play 5 a side? or perhaps a combination of 40 minutes on the field,  30 minutes of Subbuteo and 20 minutes of FIFA 2019...  

This whole thing smells of desperation... How did the league deal with WWII?  Hold the bombs today it's Saturday and we need to get the 1939 season finished.... FFS  

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jack the Hat said:

Imagine how many mire points we’d have if the second half was only 40 minutes long!

1 hour ago, MAL said:

Correction

The answer is 1

27 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

less than 45 minute - that might solve the Owls problems for sure... we have thrown a lot of games away in the last 10 minutes.....  I'm ALL in for that proposal LOL

That being said, maybe they could play 5 a side? or perhaps a combination of 40 minutes on the field,  30 minutes of Subbuteo and 20 minutes of FIFA 2019...  

This whole thing smells of desperation... How did the league deal with WWII?  Hold the bombs today it's Saturday and we need to get the 1939 season finished.... FFS  

Not an exact count, because of what would have included injury time and all that, but...

We would have had 1 extra point if played only 80 minutes.

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Gordon Taylor.jpg

Professional Footballers' Association chief executive Gordon Taylor says halves of less than 45 minutes are being considered when football resumes.

Discussions about the Premier League's return are ongoing but Taylor says players are "concerned" about safety.

"They are not stupid," he told BBC Radio 4's Today programme. "They would have to be satisfied that it is safe to return, and it is their choice."

The Premier League is hopeful of a potential 8 June resumption.

"We don't know the future but we do know is what propositions have been put, what ideas have been put, the possibility of having more substitutes, games possibly not being the full 45 minutes each way with talks of neutral stadiums," said Taylor.

"Ideally, you want to keep the integrity of the competition, and of course, that was about playing home and away and having the same squad of players as before it was suspended.

"So there's lots of points to be made, but above all, can the seasons be completed and can they be completed safely?"

Taylor's comments follow a number of Premier League club doctors raising a range of concerns with league bosses over plans to resume the season.

Cos everyone knows you need 45 mins exposure before catching coronavirus; even then COVID-19 needs a break for a quick massage and an orange, together with a chat with his fellow virus cells on how they are going to attack in the second half. 

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, MAL said:

Not an exact count, because of what would have included injury time and all that, but...

All wrong, cancel this information, it is total bowlacks

Sorry about that, instead of taking 5 minutes off of each half, i just took the last 10 minutes off, doh.

In actual fact, we would be 7 points better off, if playing 40 minutes each half.

Edited by MAL

34 minutes ago, MAL said:

My count is 14 extra points - may be bad math on my part...   Sad thing is that all except the Cardiff game were played from November onward..  hence the drop down the table.... 

I think I am correct but too much isolation has started to affect my command of logic... 

Birmingham 3-3   Tied at 90+1 = 2 points dropped
Wigan 1-2 - Winner scored 90 = 1 point dropped
Stoke 2-3 - Winner scored 90+7 = 1 point dropped
Derby 1-1 Tied at 82 = 2 points dropped
WBA 1-2 Winner scored at 88 = 1 point dropped

Swansea 2-2 Tied at 90+4 = 2 points dropped
Blackburn 1-2 Tied 88, Winner 90 = 3 points dropped
Cardiff 1-1 Tied 87 = 2 points dropped

34 minutes ago, MAL said:

Sorry about that, instead of taking 5 minutes off of each half, i just took the last 10 minutes off, doh.

In actual fact, we would be 7 points better off, if playing 40 minutes each half.

I did it by taking the last 10 minutes at end of game...  interesting that you came up with 7 and I came up with 14 - so we seem to give up goals equally at end of halves...  

Regardless - we lose focus at the wrong times and my TV screen takes the brunt of it as I throw things at it while watching on iFollow..... it's been a very frustrating season which is why I am not overly bothered if we resurrect the nightmare or not... WAWAW  

4 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

My count is 14 extra points - may be bad math on my part...   Sad thing is that all except the Cardiff game were played from November onward..  hence the drop down the table.... 

I think I am correct but too much isolation has started to affect my command of logic... 

Yeah i made a booboo which i have posted below the others.

It looks like you have done something similar, if you look at my other posts.

1 minute ago, Whitecap Owl said:

I did it by taking the last 10 minutes at end of game...  interesting that you came up with 7 and I came up with 14 - so we seem to give up goals equally at end of halves...  

Regardless - we lose focus at the wrong times and my TV screen takes the brunt of it as I throw things at it while watching on iFollow..... it's been a very frustrating season which is why I am not overly bothered if we resurrect the nightmare or not... WAWAW  

I cannot leave it now.

I have to back and check it :biggrin:

19 minutes ago, Whitecap Owl said:

We have also won some points in the last 10 minutes of games though, Bristol City & Charlton at home for a start.

H v Charlton 1 - 0 3pts down to 1pt

H v Stoke 1 - 0 3pts down to 1pt

A v Brum 3 - 3 1pt up to 3pts

A v Blackburn 2 - 1 0pts up to 3pts

A v Cardiff 1 - 1 1pt up to 3pts

A v Leeds 0 - 2 3pts down to 1pt

A v Millwall 1 - 0 0pts up to 1pt

A v Stoke 3 - 2 0pts up to 3pts

A v WBA 2 - 1 0pts up to 1pt

A v Wigan 2 - 1 0pts up to 1pt

We lose 5 points, but gain 12 points

7 points gained

Unless i have entered my times down wrong?

11 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We have also won some points in the last 10 minutes of games though, Bristol City & Charlton at home for a start.

You have done what i did first time pal.

Bristol City wouldn't count, because you have took all the 10 minutes off of the second half.

6 minutes ago, MAL said:

Forgot to put the changes down, the realised i had the Stoke game wrong, so 6 points.

H v Charlton 1 - 0 3pts down to 1pt     so -2

H v Stoke 1 - 0 3pts down to 1pt     so -2

A v Brum 3 - 3 1pt up to 3pts      so +2

A v Blackburn 2 - 1 0pts up to 3pts     so +3

A v Cardiff 1 - 1 1pt up to 3pts     so +2

A v Leeds 0 - 2 3pts down to 1pt     so -2

A v Millwall 1 - 0 0pts up to 1pt     so +1

A v Stoke 3 - 2 0pts up to 3pts    so +2

A v WBA 2 - 1 0pts up to 1pt     so +1

A v Wigan 2 - 1 0pts up to 1pt     so +1

We lose 6 points, but gain 12 points

6 points gained

Guest The Horse

If any old barking mad idea is on the table, then why not just let players' pets decide the outcome?

20200506_073139.gif.432d0fb0886b15aa95cc88589167d9b0.gif

16 hours ago, MAL said:

H v Charlton 1 - 0 3pts down to 1pt

H v Stoke 1 - 0 3pts down to 1pt

A v Brum 3 - 3 1pt up to 3pts

A v Blackburn 2 - 1 0pts up to 3pts

A v Cardiff 1 - 1 1pt up to 3pts

A v Leeds 0 - 2 3pts down to 1pt

A v Millwall 1 - 0 0pts up to 1pt

A v Stoke 3 - 2 0pts up to 3pts

A v WBA 2 - 1 0pts up to 1pt

A v Wigan 2 - 1 0pts up to 1pt

We lose 5 points, but gain 12 points

7 points gained

This Covid thing has turned both of us into wannabe statistics guys LOL
I just get frustrated with our lack of concentration - there was a stretch of games after Christmas that really made all of us go mental...  in fact most of us could predict that that one goal lead would dissolve into a tie at the death....  despite that we do love 'em!!!  WAWAW

Edited by Whitecap Owl
missed a word...