Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

Megnuts for me


Aye I think I'd have to go for that too, but just couldn't see him sat having a cuppa with Chansiri for some reason

 

lol

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:


Aye I think I'd have to go for that too, but just couldn't see him sat having a cuppa with Chansiri for some reason

 

lol

 

Pay per view

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will take the rich tea and jammy Dodger instead please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Both are football dinosaurs! Both awful choices!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's like asking dave Jones if he'd prefer a volleyball player or a yoga teacher 

 

 

Screenshot_20200505_030644.jpg

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn’t seem fashionable to admit it, but Megson did a fantastic job when he was here

 

 He walked into a situation pretty similar to one one we’re in now (albeit in a higher division) He weeded out the pansies and has beens and expertly put together a team with a proper mentality. There were poor days but on the whole I look back fondly on those times

 

I don’t care what anyone says, I’d have him back now. Proper old school manager like McCarthy and Warnock 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Megson everytime he built the promotion team. Jones seemed to lose the plot for the last 3 months of his tenure here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Megson laid the foundations and did a great job building a squad but i still don't believe we would have gone up in 2nd without Jones replacing him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Megson everytime he built the promotion team. Jones seemed to lose the plot for the last 3 months of his tenure here.

I suppose they both did that, but in different ways. Jones tactically and perhaps not being able to install the correct mentality, and Megson did what he always does, self destruct His personality is such, that he always ends up falling out with people, rather like Monk.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose they both did that, but in different ways. Jones tactically and perhaps not being able to install the correct mentality, and Megson did what he always does, self destruct His personality is such, that he always ends up falling out with people, rather like Monk.

That’s what I like about Megson though All successful managers rule the roost not the players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why don't we just bump any thread from 2013 and carry it on? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Not even close 

 

Megson every time.

 

I'd have him as an assistant manager now.

Someone to give the players the passion they need to play for Wednesday. 

Edited by lanzaroteowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Megson is the biggest example of wednesdayite , rose tinted spectacles ever. He certainly tried his best, but his football was awful and there were far too  many defeats under his tenure . Certainly wouldn’t want jones back either though . Two dinosaurs , both better left in the past 

Edited by james o connor
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Megson is the biggest example of wednesdayite , rose tinted spectacles ever. He certainly tried his best, but his football was awful and there were far too  many defeats under his tenure . Certainly wouldn’t want jones back either though . Two dinosaurs , both better left in the past 

Megson has one of the best manager win ratios ever.

 

Megon easily beats Lazy Dave (although he did spend a lot of time, learning new ball skills with a netball coach)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No arguments here re Jones.

 

did a great job getting us promoted and also kept us up the following season when we were absolutely skint under Milan and living on freebies and loans.

 

clearly lost heart towards the end but no different to laws, luggy in that regard and I would add Jones to that group of managers who can regard their tenure here as a success overall .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Honestly, I preferred Megson for his passion for Wednesday - but Jones was the better manager. Problem was, at that stage of his managerial career when we got him, Jones was more interested in golf and netballers than to push us on in the championship. Mandaric couldn't fund a push either. 

Edited by wilyfox

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

If that was your choice for next manager who would you pick?

That is akin to asking who do you want babysitting for your kids Myra Hindley or Rose West 

 

:duntmatter:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...