Gary megson or dave jones?

It doesn’t seem fashionable to admit it, but Megson did a fantastic job when he was here

He walked into a situation pretty similar to one one we’re in now (albeit in a higher division) He weeded out the pansies and has beens and expertly put together a team with a proper mentality. There were poor days but on the whole I look back fondly on those times

I don’t care what anyone says, I’d have him back now. Proper old school manager like McCarthy and Warnock 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Megson everytime he built the promotion team. Jones seemed to lose the plot for the last 3 months of his tenure here.

I suppose they both did that, but in different ways. Jones tactically and perhaps not being able to install the correct mentality, and Megson did what he always does, self destruct His personality is such, that he always ends up falling out with people, rather like Monk.

12 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I suppose they both did that, but in different ways. Jones tactically and perhaps not being able to install the correct mentality, and Megson did what he always does, self destruct His personality is such, that he always ends up falling out with people, rather like Monk.

That’s what I like about Megson though All successful managers rule the roost not the players

Megson is the biggest example of wednesdayite , rose tinted spectacles ever. He certainly tried his best, but his football was awful and there were far too  many defeats under his tenure . Certainly wouldn’t want jones back either though . Two dinosaurs , both better left in the past 

Edited by james o connor
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Megson is the biggest example of wednesdayite , rose tinted spectacles ever. He certainly tried his best, but his football was awful and there were far too  many defeats under his tenure . Certainly wouldn’t want jones back either though . Two dinosaurs , both better left in the past 

Megson has one of the best manager win ratios ever.

Megon easily beats Lazy Dave (although he did spend a lot of time, learning new ball skills with a netball coach)

No arguments here re Jones.

did a great job getting us promoted and also kept us up the following season when we were absolutely skint under Milan and living on freebies and loans.

clearly lost heart towards the end but no different to laws, luggy in that regard and I would add Jones to that group of managers who can regard their tenure here as a success overall .

Guest wilyfox

Honestly, I preferred Megson for his passion for Wednesday - but Jones was the better manager. Problem was, at that stage of his managerial career when we got him, Jones was more interested in golf and netballers than to push us on in the championship. Mandaric couldn't fund a push either. 

Edited by wilyfox