Monks contract

Garry Monk SWFC.jpeg

According to the Athletic  he's only on a rolling contract which is due to expire in the summer. 

If that's true It's like it's all coming to ahead this summer, I wonder if Chansiri gave him a contract to match the out of contract players so if it doesn't work for him then a complete fresh start with a new manager and players. 

If its true, its will go two ways, blown up in his face having to appoint a new manger and get players signed in time for whenever it kicks off again, we ain't the quickest at signing players. 

Or its a complete master stroke. New manager, new players, new optimism. (Carlos year one) 

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I’d be very surprised if he’s still here come the start of next season whenever that maybe?

How so?

Chansiri remains loyal to the very very very end with his managers.

Plus the agreed strategy is Monk's idea of clearing out the troublesome players, the older players, and the frozen out players etc

Chansiri wouldn't have agreed to such a clearout if he was thinking of getting rid of Monk surely?

Owlstalk Shop

Rolling contracts quite common with managers, wouldn't read anything into that. 

Don't see DC making a change, this unfortunate situation has saved Monk's job. 

That said, Villa reportedly considering Dean Smith's position. He's a manager I wanted here before he went to Villa and if he became available, would like DC to make a move for him. 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How so?

Chansiri remains loyal to the very very very end with his managers.

Plus the agreed strategy is Monk's idea of clearing out the troublesome players, the older players, and the frozen out players etc

Chansiri wouldn't have agreed to such a clearout if he was thinking of getting rid of Monk surely?

Chansiri was fully behind Jos. The fans forum came and went and soon after so did Jos.

I suspect season ticket sales are down and a big reason for this is fans are disillusioned with Monk and his style of football? People forget we were getting d!ck5d by 3, 4 or 5 goals every week before the pandemic hit. There’s no chance Chansiri will continue to back Monk should these kind of results continue and they will if Monk continues to stick by certain players who should be no where near the first eleven.

• Like 1

Screenshot 2020-05-05 at 00.08.04.jpg

How has Monk done so far stats wise?

He's only managed us in 35 matches I think

1.29 points per game on average, although the above stats from Wikipedia says he's managed us 31 games?

The columns are played, won, lost, drawn and then win%

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No wonder he scrapped fans forums then

That one cost him a fortune

lol

Do you really think Monk’s position is tenable? If this season had continued we wouldn’t be talking about Monk now as he’d be out as he would’ve picked calamity Cam, Pelep!ssy and Da Crap against Forest, we would’ve lost 5-0 and that would’ve been it lol

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wonder what his win % is for his last 6 months when we went into freefall and Dave Jones had to come in and turn things around?

Lol. The last 6 months was August 2011 to February 2012... so form was whatever got us to third in the league. Think changing managers at the time came down to a personality clash with Manderic rather than the results although the last few games before the derby were poor. Turned out to be a master stroke as I doubt we’d have got 2nd

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I wonder what his win % is for his last 6 months when we went into freefall and Dave Jones had to come in and turn things around?

By the same token Monk's win percentage has been going 1 way for 3 months with no sign of turning it around before the virus took hold.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

By the same token Monk's win percentage has been going 1 way for 3 months with no sign of turning it around before the virus took hold.

Very true.

He was fortunate to get this kind of break to the football season in a sick kind of way

Owlstalk Shop