Let's talk about Jordan Rhodes...

Jordan Rhodes.JPG

▪️13 goals in 70 Sheff Wed appearances

▪️1 goal every 5.38 games on average

▪️3 goals in 15 appearances this season

▪️No goals in 2020

▪️Last appearance came in January

▪️Has started only six games for Sheff Wed since April 2018 (more than two years)

▪️Cost £8m-£10m from Middlesbrough?

▪️Earns £2.08m-a-year/£40k-per-week

His contract is not up this summer, however. It runs out in 2021.

So, should Rhodes be sold now? Or should Sheff Wed keep him for another season and see if he can turn things around?

If Nuhiu, Forestieri and Winnall all leave this summer, Monk will only have Fletcher (as long as he signs a new deal) and Rhodes up front.

What do we think?

If we re-sign Fletcher,  I would keep Rhodes. Simple as that for me. Otherwise try to move him on knowing full well it will be difficult to do so.

Edited by Great Big Galaa

Rhodes was a very good player and I don’t know what has gone wrong for the lad. Seems to have a massive confidence problem and he needs to move on and try resurrect his career some how. The Club needs to be looking at a foil for Fletcher, someone quick if possible. I thought Winnall would be the answer but every manager has frozen him out so there’s something not right there either. 

A player that would fair better with young legs around him, doing all the donkey work. 

Sadly we've got too many of these now, even players who work extremely hard have peaked age wise.

We don't have the tools to unlock certain players potential. Rhodes and Bannan are too prime examples. 

I always used to wonder why - given his success at Huddersfield and Blackburn - a Premier League team didn't come knocking for him. But it's obvious when you see him play. Pace, strength, skill all not up to their standards.

He clearly had a finisher's instinct that more than got him by but that was a fair few years ago now and with teams presumably set up to play to his strengths. I can't see those days ever returning at this level. But getting him off the books? Tricky.  

He's clearly a top bloke though. I've never wanted a Wednesday player to do well as much as I have him.  

• Like 1

Anyone whose ever watched Rhodes play before he came to Wednesday will know he lacked pace, skill and strength 

He just scored shed loads of goals 

If you want him to do all the dirty work it ain't gonna happen 

He just wants it on a plate and score the goal 

Forest was a prime example of what he can do 

Sadly it ain't worked out for him here 

Do I blame Rhodes for that? 

Absolutely not

I blame chansiri/Carlos/stuffing man

For signing him 

Chansiri for not selling him/loaning him when we've had chances to 

It's been a dreadful signing but I'm 100% certain the Lad has always gave his best for the club 

2 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Anyone whose ever watched Rhodes play before he came to Wednesday will know he lacked pace, skill and strength 

He just scored shed loads of goals 

If you want him to do all the dirty work it ain't gonna happen 

He just wants it on a plate and score the goal 

Forest was a prime example of what he can do 

Absolutely not

For signing him 

Chansiri for not selling him/loaning him when we've had chances to 

It's been a dreadful signing but I'm 100% certain the Lad has always gave his best for the club 

THIS.

Owlstalk Shop

OP - If Nuhiu, Forestieri and Winnall all leave this summer, Monk will only have Fletcher (as long as he signs a new deal) and Rhodes up front.

Rhodes’ record in partnership with most of our strikers is simply awful. However, his record partnering Fletcher is stunning. 

I would be over the moon if we start the season with these two up front.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Absolutely not

For signing him 

I blame the fans! 

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2