Gary Rowett

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EXH11DpXQAIi_Cw.jpg

Millwall were 17th in the Championship & 5 points off relegation when Gary Rowett arrived in October. Now they're 8th & just 2 pts away from the play-offs.

A few people mentioned him as a potential Wednesday manager

Did Chansiri interview Rowett at all? I can't remember..

Please, please, let’s not re-ignite dotty’s fire.

However I like Rowett as a manager, comes accross in the media. I’m not sure if he would achieved anything more than Monk has so far.

If I remember right, Rowett wanted the job but didn’t get an interview. Out of both of them, I’m backing Monk and even if Rowett or the Cowley’s were here, there’s a very real chance we would still be mid table. 

Guest wilyfox

You'd make more money lumping on this group of players downing tools than backing a new manager. This lot need outing. 

When they said to DC go and get the guy who used to be at Birmingham, you know the good manager, work on a shoe string did, really well, you know the one on Sky Sport Gary ….

The problem was we got the wrong one and ended up with Gary Monk.

Had we got Gary Rowett instead of Gary Monk we would have been a lot higher up the table and probably playing a lot better with our strongest team. instead of having £100k of talent sat in the stands not allowed to play.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

When they said to DC go and get the guy who used to be at Birmingham, you know the good manager, work on a shoe string did, really well, you know the one on Sky Sport Gary ….

The problem was we got the wrong one and ended up with Gary Monk.

Had we got Gary Rowett instead of Gary Monk we would have been a lot higher up the table and probably playing a lot better with our strongest team. instead of having £100k of talent sat in the stands not allowed to play.

Guess work, Conjecture at its finest. 

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Guess work, Conjecture at its finest. 

No I just think Rowett is a better manager and he took over a team at the bottom of the league they are now pushing for the play off, Monk took over a team in the top 6 and they are now in free fall and had the season gone on could well have been in relegation trouble.

I am sure it will all the the players and not the managers but had Rowett taken over he would have played his strongest team he has done this where ever he has been where Monk has a history of falling out with senior squad members. So yes I do think we would have been higher up the league - But we will never know.

41 minutes ago, room0035 said:

No I just think Rowett is a better manager and he took over a team at the bottom of the league they are now pushing for the play off, Monk took over a team in the top 6 and they are now in free fall and had the season gone on could well have been in relegation trouble.

I am sure it will all the the players and not the managers but had Rowett taken over he would have played his strongest team he has done this where ever he has been where Monk has a history of falling out with senior squad members. So yes I do think we would have been higher up the league - But we will never know.

So, guesswork then, being as we'll never know.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It doesn't matter who the manager is, or might have been, the players would have stayed the same and there lies the problem.

An ageing squad of injury prone players with disciplinary problems, that cannot play as a TEAM for any length of time.

Guest The Horse
3 hours ago, Animis said:

You recount that storey like it still hurts. Did you ever see her later in life and still regret that fateful desk incident?

Absolutely!

Last time I saw her, was a good few years later in the Wortey Arms when everyone came back from Uni for Christmas.

Must've been about 20yrs old and she swept in looking like she was fresh from doing a shoot for Vogue; drawing a few 'foookin 'ell's' from the older crowd.

We exchanged glances and that was it.

Completely blanked me.

I got back to my Foster's or whatever shitt it was we used to drink back then.

Last I ever saw of her. 

1 minute ago, The Horse said:

Absolutely!

Last time I saw her, was a good few years later in the Wortey Arms when everyone came back from Uni for Christmas.

Must've been about 20yrs old and she swept in looking like she was fresh from doing a shoot for Vogue; drawing a few 'foookin 'ell's' from the older crowd.

We exchanged glances and that was it.

Completely blanked me.

I got back to my Foster's or whatever shitt it was we used to drink back then.

Last I ever saw of her. 

I'm genuinely guttered for you. Did she have a face like Gary - with the 'what you could have had' half smile?

EXH11DpXQAIi_Cw.jpg.8ebf20344a7ec96b8625c4d81bbc7cbf.jpg

Guest The Horse
2 minutes ago, Animis said:

I'm genuinely guttered for you. Did she have a face like Gary - with the 'what you could have had' half smile?

EXH11DpXQAIi_Cw.jpg.8ebf20344a7ec96b8625c4d81bbc7cbf.jpg

Not one hint of emotion that I could've taken to the bank. 😌

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Rowett signed loads of big money players at derby and did nothing. Signed loads of players at stoke and got sacked yet apparently would have been a success here. 

3 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Rowett signed loads of big money players at derby and did nothing. Signed loads of players at stoke and got sacked yet apparently would have been a success here. 

Appointing him certainly wasn't a no brainer. At our level it very rarely is - there's always an element of luck involved. I will cut Chansiri an awful amount of slack on these types of decisions. Appointing a manager is always a bit of a lottery - the real skill is knowing when to get rid. 

When i first started going in 79 we seemed to get most managerial appointments right over next 15 years. However since then we seem to get a lot more wrong than right. Some admittedly i had high hopes for but for whatever reason failed. I wasnt necessarily against monk but not sure what he had accomplished to get the job. We often seem to get it wrong(jos) where others get it right(norwich) for example.

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EXH11DpXQAIi_Cw.jpg

Millwall were 17th in the Championship & 5 points off relegation when Gary Rowett arrived in October. Now they're 8th & just 2 pts away from the play-offs.

A few people mentioned him as a potential Wednesday manager

Did Chansiri interview Rowett at all? I can't remember..

no he didn't interview him , in fact he rubbished him when I suggested him to chansiri ,said what did he do at stoke and derby ,I was pretty shocked how open he was . and this aint made up either . 

I’d have been happy with Rowett or Monk and we got one of them. Monk generally gets teams punching and he had us 3rd in December.

By his own admission the wheels fell off after talking about the future of certain players. But Luhukay did the same, had us 6th and the wheels fell off.

I want to see what Monk can do with a fresh side.