Gary Rowett

13 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Even Bruce, who I think we would agree is much better than both Garrys had his problems getting this squad to perform towards the end. 

Club needs a brand new cant get promoted attitude. 

?

In our last 6 games we beat Forest and Bristol City, drew away to the Champions in a game we deserved to win, drew away to Preston which is a good result based on our record at Deepdale, not least coming from 2 goals down and again could have won even with 10 men. We lost narrowly away to the 3rd place team and lost our last game of the season at home - not the first team to lose a meaningless game, regardless of who the manager is.

Edited by Guest

Not heard or seen anything anywhere to suggest Rowett was interviewed or applied,maybe he knew something we don't but whatever hes a solid top 10 manager at this level,just yet to nail that promotion that would enhance his credentials.

His time at Stoke,from what you read from stokes fans,he was hampered by some of the players already at the club,pretty similar in many ways to US,so possibly that shaped his thinking when it came to our vacancy.

45 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

?

In our last 6 games we beat Forest and Bristol City, drew away to the Champions in a game we deserved to win, drew away to Preston which is a good result based on our record at Deepdale, not least coming from 2 goals down and again could have won even with 10 men. We lost narrowly away to the 3rd place team and lost our last game of the season at home - not the first team to lose a meaningless game, regardless of who the manager is.

Strange that. People tend to paint the picture of Bruce's record wasnt as good as we all make it out. Perhaps it was just steady overall rather than Brilliant to bad like Monks.

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Strange that. People tend to paint the picture of Bruce's record wasnt as good as we all make it out. Perhaps it was just steady overall rather than Brilliant to bad like Monks.

We drew too many under Bruce but he was able to adapt the style of play for different games even in a relatively short space of time and I don't remember too many games where we conceded 5 or were out of it by half-time.

He's not the messiah, but an ok championship manager, much like Monk. 

Don't think he was on DC's radar and one of his major flaws IMO. DC far too hung up on past achievements and CV's than the here and now/ future potential. But, it's his money, his choice. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

We drew too many under Bruce but he was able to adapt the style of play for different games even in a relatively short space of time and I don't remember too many games where we conceded 5 or were out of it by half-time.

Think that's why I thinking he was bad towards the end of his reign just couldn't convert draws to wins and probably the expectations of thinking we have a great manager we should win every week.  

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EXH11DpXQAIi_Cw.jpg

Millwall were 17th in the Championship & 5 points off relegation when Gary Rowett arrived in October. Now they're 8th & just 2 pts away from the play-offs.

A few people mentioned him as a potential Wednesday manager

Did Chansiri interview Rowett at all? I can't remember..

FFS!.

Monk took over Brum when they were in a bad way and kept them up, then kept them up when they were deducted points.

You were right when posters on here were saying the both were not good enough.

Wots with all this bashing anyway, bored or wot?.

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

FFS!.

Monk took over Brum when they were in a bad way and kept them up, then kept them up when they were deducted points.

You were right when posters on here were saying the both were not good enough.

Wots with all this bashing anyway, bored or wot?.

EH?

What do you mean bashing? What you on about? Nobody is bashing anyone?

I'd stop and have a think about how your brain is interpreting posts mate..

lol

Owlstalk Shop

In a parallel universe, we’d be wanting Rowett sacked and many on here would have a massive chubby on about how we should have gone for Monk after watching him take Millwall to 4th in the league 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Horse said:

Chansiri may have simply chosen the wrong Gary.

When I was a teenager at school, there were two girls called Tracy, both best freinds and both had the hots for me.
Both were pretty and had their own charms but of the two, one of them was in a league of their own. A dusky brunette with a model figure.
One of their mates turned round at my desk during maths one time to ask me which one I preferred using their full names.
But.. being a completely self absorbed, arrogant nobheed of a teenager, more interested in Big Ron's promotion chasing team of '91 than anything else, I never paid attention to their surnames so I just guessed at the girl's name with the faux confidence that only an a-hole teenage boy could muster in order to avoid looking like a complete jerk.
Turned out I picked the one with the wiry mousy hair and the one I really liked never spoke to me again. Ever.

I can sympathise with Chansiri on this one.

You recount that storey like it still hurts. Did you ever see her later in life and still regret that fateful desk incident?

• Haha 1

No matter who we appointed they would have followed in the footsteps of: 

° Carlos 

° Bullen

° Jos

° Bullen

° Bruce to an extent 

° Monk upto now

Carlos had a good few year then it went downhill pretty quick, Jos came in steadying the ship and having a decent run towards the end, then following season went pear shaped. 

Bruce came in and again steadying the ship and a half decent run then did a runner. 

Bullen again steadying the ship and having a decent start but then firm started to drop. 

Monk comes in steadying the ship having a good few months getting us to third then it starts going downhill. 

Managers aren't the problem here it's something else because all have a similar start and a similar ending. 

Rowett would be in the exact same position now. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Animis said:

You recount that storey like it still hurts. Did you ever see her later in life and still regret that fateful desk incident?

He's probably married to the one with the wiry mousy hair so it haunts him every day of his life.