On this day in 2008

2 minutes ago, Johnny Concrete said:

Dion Dublins final professional game? Got a huge standing ovation from all 4 sides of the ground.

He went on Radio Sheffield after the match to thank all the Wednesday fans for the ovation, TBH it was probably because we were winning and for once he didn't score.

if we had been losing and he had scored he would have got pelters

1 hour ago, onslow said:

But how did we ever let that beauty, that is the North Stand, be trimmed in r*d we’ll never know.

hope we’ve learned our lesson...

It was worse when they made us actually play in red.

hinch.jpg

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EXKqiq_WkAEcmWO.jpg

Anyone remember this in 2008?

Always thought We should situate away fans a third of the north stand towards the lep. That way we can just shut the west stand off completely allowing away fans to enter from the leppings lane end. Be better atmosphere and only need barriers or walls in concourse to separate fans and use a Norwich/ Huddersfield style segregation in the stand itself

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Was emotional that Dublin send off

I was proud of our fans for that. 

Quality moment

I literally bumped into Dion Dublin while I wasn’t watching where I was going as we were walking into Harrods in London 

I was wearing a Wednesday training top and as we apologised to each other he said ‘Sheffield Wednesday great club’ 

Nice bloke

• Like 2

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EXKqiq_WkAEcmWO.jpg

Only at Sheffield Wednesday would we spend all that time and effort, to get thousands and thousands of people to take their time to hold up cards at a football match and than get the wrong shade of blue on em

lol

Owlstalk Shop