Help keep free NHS transport on the road

Cawthorne's Travel.jpg

Cawthorne's Travel of Rotherham (who transport the Rotherham Owls up-and-down the land) have been running upto 5 vehicles per day, transporting NHS staff to & from the Rotherham and Sheffield Hospitals. 

They deperately need help with fuel money to keep the buses running. The drivers are volunteering their time to drive doctors/nurses/etc for free.

Rotherham Owls have donated £300, and would love it if you could spare whatever you can - even if it's 'only' a couple of quid - every penny helps! 

Please donate here: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/free-nhs-staff-transportation

Thanks, in anticipation.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TINKERBELL said:

Neil,can this be pinned please as it's a great cause 

Have tweeted it out to our 27000 twitter followers, and posted it on our Facebook page that has 15000 likes/ followers

As daft as it sounds, pinned threads get ignored.

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Have tweeted it out to our 27000 twitter followers, and posted it on our Facebook page that has 15000 likes/ followers

As daft as it sounds, pinned threads get ignored.

Thanks so much, @Owlstalk

If others would be kind enough to post the donation link to social media, it'd be greatly appreciated!

1 hour ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Why can't the doctors and nurses pay for their own travel expenses, like other key workers do such as the retail workers & binmen?

Many NHS staff have chipped-in to the fundraiser.

It's not so much about the transport being FREE for them; it's about there even BEING transport.

Public transport in many areas has been severely curtailed. I heard one nurse saying that if it wasnt for Cawthorne's providing this transport, it'd take her three hours each way to travel to and from work.

But d'ya know what? The crap that these people are having to deal with right now means I'm quite happy for them to be receiving free travel.

46 minutes ago, RigBon said:

Many NHS staff have chipped-in to the fundraiser.

It's not so much about the transport being FREE for them; it's about there even BEING transport.

Public transport in many areas has been severely curtailed. I heard one nurse saying that if it wasnt for Cawthorne's providing this transport, it'd take her three hours each way to travel to and from work.

But d'ya know what? The crap that these people are having to deal with right now means I'm quite happy for them to be receiving free travel.

Three hours each way really? I take it she must live in Welsh Wales and not Wales near Rother Valley? 

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Three hours each way really? I take it she must live in Welsh Wales and not Wales near Rother Valley? 

I'm guessing you don't use public transport much?

Either way still some arsehole comments from you in here jesus don't donate then but sod off from this thread.

The thing with any requests for help like this is someone will come along and say 'yeah but what about.......'

It's both sad and disappointing in equal measure.

If you think someone else deserves/needs financial help then start a fundraiser for them online. It's easy to do.

But don't stomp into someone else's efforts and trample all over it

That's not cool

Owlstalk Shop