Your Highlight of the Season

Guest freerole

Opening Day. Bar a couple of games (Forest, Leeds & Boro) we have been terrible this year. Monk's appointment has been a low point and the players attitude since whatever went off went off has been appalling.

Year to forget and I do believe we would have gone down had this global pandemic not happened.

Lets hope the min the season is called we start preparing for next..... and by that I mean getting the right structure, right man and right players in and out. But this is Wednesday under Chansiri, we'll probably go with Monk carry on the decline.

Boro or Forest Away (didn’t make Leeds ffs).

Genuinely can’t actually think of a home match that I’ve enjoyed this season. Fulham was good with the last minute equaliser, but it’s just been so rubbish 95% of the time.

Edited by Shifty Powers

Guest The Horse

Fletcher's last second winner against Charlton.

For that one brief moment, we were reminded of what the club can be when fans and players come together.

We really do need to get our house in order. We deserve more of that.

Balti pie, Northern Soul on the tannoy at Wigan.But mostly that the bloated corpse of football as it is now will be consigned to ashes and that something more like the beautiful game will re-emerge. Gets another gin to make his scrambled egg on toast

Edited by glynnb
Cabin fever

Guest freerole

I'm not obsessed but I'm bleeding happy that they might not win it. 

The team deserve it but a section of their fans (approx 3500 ticketless ones) certainly don't.

I don't really get the Adthe at Leeds as best moment as we were lucky to win and the rot had already set in.

Beating Bristol for me to be 3rd at Xmas, the "lucky to be 3rd" comments now were "grinding out results like good teams do" atcthe time and play offs seemed very realistic. 

Undoubtedly our best 3 performances have all been away from home at Boro, Forest and then Leeds. 

Best home performance was probably our 0-0 draw with Leeds. 

There's not been many good performances, outnumbered by far more poor. 

There's been a few games where we've played pretty well and should have got more points from fixture, away at Cardiff, West Brom and Birmingham spring to mind. 

7 hours ago, katie melua said:

Keiren Westwoods 30 clean sheets

Sam Hutchinsons 30 man of the match performances

Bet you had a good chuckle to yourself as you typed that.

Surely it is all the magnificent performances that we have seen in 2020 since these two were consigned to the scrap heap that really stand out?

Before anyone states otherwise, no I don't think we wolud be world beaters winning every week with them in the side, just baffles me how people find it amusing to mock them when the ones who have been picked for the last 3 months of matches have served up utter rubbish.

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Wednesday fans are OBSESSED with Liverpool

If you look around the tinterweb I think there is a general dislike for Liverpool.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Its wierd.

The team score like billy-o when we partner Fletcher and Rhodes.

We partner Fletcher and Rhodes at Boro and we score like billy-o.

Almost like there’s a link.

Actually no. It was Nuhiu up front with Fletcher at Boro.

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

More so on Sheffield Wednesday fan sites where the obsession is clear.

For some the disaster and the aftermath of it will be a factor in this.

For others around at the time the fact we didn't get to play in Europe due to a ban imposed as a result of their fans actions will be a factor.

The media love in for Liverpool and the 'famous European nights under the lights at Anfield' don't help.

For me, a few of my mates at school were 'Liverpool fans' and mocked Wednesday despite them never setting foot in Liverpool never mind Anfield. To this day I reckon I have seen Wednesday win at Anfield more times than they have seen Liverpool win live. 

4 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Its wierd.

The team score like billy-o when we partner Fletcher and Rhodes.

We partner Fletcher and Rhodes at Boro and we score like billy-o.

Almost like there’s a link.

This would be a great point - if it were not for the fact that Rhodes wasn't even in the squad for the game at Middlesbrough.

Almost like Fletcher is able to adapt and perform regardless of who he partners whereas Rhodes has largely been inept.

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

For some the disaster and the aftermath of it will be a factor in this.

For others around at the time the fact we didn't get to play in Europe due to a ban imposed as a result of their fans actions will be a factor.

The media love in for Liverpool and the 'famous European nights under the lights at Anfield' don't help.

For me, a few of my mates at school were 'Liverpool fans' and mocked Wednesday despite them never setting foot in Liverpool never mind Anfield. To this day I reckon I have seen Wednesday win at Anfield more times than they have seen Liverpool win live. 

The whole 'Liverpool is another country' and refusal to sing the National Anthem at Wembley gets right on myTits.

Arrogant littlepricks.

Edited by lanzaroteowl