Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

How long since any of our players kicked a ball ........ but still they are collecting 100% of their wages whilst the majority of fans and the public at large are paying the price of covid19 - when can we expect a respose from the privileged few ?

It goes through the players union to be agreed for pay cuts unless they volunteer to do it, if the club furlough them then the tax payer pays the 80% . Then we get ridiculed for buying players with the money the club saved on wages- what would you do?

I don't think any rich owner of a club should furloughing players and staff. Keep the tax and national insurance money coming In to help the country and NHS at the moment. 

Newcastle and Norwich have p1ssed me off with doing it. Next thing they'll be wanting to pay millions of pounds for players in transfer window 

I'd just ban them from next transfer window 

• Thanks 1

Wish someone had mentioned this before

• Haha 1

Just now, The Claw said:

It goes through the players union to be agreed for pay cuts unless they volunteer to do it, if the club furlough them then the tax payer pays the 80% . Then we get ridiculed for buying players with the money the club saved on wages- what would you do?

that really should be end of thread …...

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, leicesterowl said:

How long since any of our players kicked a ball ........ but still they are collecting 100% of their wages whilst the majority of fans and the public at large are paying the price of covid19 - when can we expect a respose from the privileged few ?

You’re unlikely to get a response.

Football wages are obscene, the current crisis compounds what a upside down world is when tax payers money could go to individuals who are already millionaires.

Somebody might give us the wisdom of “it’s only a short career - they have to earn it while they can” Obviously, they can’t get a job in another line of work.

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You’re unlikely to get a response.

Football wages are obscene, the current crisis compounds what a upside down world is when tax payers money could go to individuals who are already millionaires.

Somebody might give us the wisdom of “it’s only a short career - they have to earn it while they can” Obviously, they can’t get a job in another line of work.

Football wages are a disgrace and needs addressing. 

19 minutes ago, torryowl said:

that really should be end of thread …...

Not quite.. what if there's no money to pay out?

3 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Football wages are a disgrace and needs addressing. 

This situation might arrest the problem, those at the low end of the scale will feel it most.

But those parasites referred to as agents will operate in murky waters. Players will still want away and hold bigger clubs to ransom. 

I miss the game and club I grew up with, not what it has become. It doesn’t help that our club is a bag o’poo these days and money is a big part of that.

Is it possible that the term furlough means we could be indirectly giving money to the likes of Jordan Rhodes and Kieron Westwood ?

1 hour ago, leicesterowl said:

I just cannot for the life of me fathom this kind of thinking 

36 minutes ago, The Claw said:

They only get £2.5k a month though not £30k a week. I’d furlough the lot of them and pay the office and normal staff. 

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

This situation might arrest the problem, those at the low end of the scale will feel it most.

But those parasites referred to as agents will operate in murky waters. Players will still want away and hold bigger clubs to ransom. 

I miss the game and club I grew up with, not what it has become. It doesn’t help that our club is a bag o’poo these days and money is a big part of that.

Is it possible that the term furlough means we could be indirectly giving money to the likes of Jordan Rhodes and Kieron Westwood ?

After what happened to me a few weeks ago I've really fell out of love with football. There is definitely more to life than watching overpaid crap players on a weekend and midweek 

I lived and breathed Wednesday but not anymore. I'll still look for results on soccer Saturday from clubs. 

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

After what happened to me a few weeks ago I've really fell out of love with football. There is definitely more to life than watching overpaid crap players on a weekend and midweek 

I lived and breathed Wednesday but not anymore. I'll still look for results on soccer Saturday from clubs. 

What happened? You ok?

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People are angry and confused. Sport has always been the outlet to release our frustrations on society.

I’m sure they’re are a few philanthropists within the game,  I’m sure many footballers are worried too - but their worries are less likely to be about paying the household bills on a weekly basis.

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

What happened? You ok?

Had a seizure in Asda in chapeltown and nearly died. A nurse from northern general hospital was there luckily and brought me back around. I'd stopped breathing and lost consciousness. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Wouldn’t pry to ask what happened, but many fans have moments that make them question the sanity of following a team like ours.

Hope you’re alright now, and like you say, so much more to life. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Wouldn’t pry to ask what happened, but many fans have moments that make them question the sanity of following a team like ours.

Hope you’re alright now, and like you say, so much more to life. 

I've posted love what happened. 

2 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

I've posted love what happened. 

Take care then. Forget this lot for a bit, still be here when you’ve fully recovered.

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Take care then. Forget this lot for a bit, still be here when you’ve fully recovered.

I can forget about football, but can't forget about my friends on here and love to talk to them. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why? It’s a fair point I think.

Footballers are paid unbelievable  amounts of money versus people in everyday jobs.

Pee’s me off too.