Could the potential points deduction next season be a killer if 6 teams are relegated.

Adam Reach.jpeg

So there is talk about no relegations but three teams promoted from each league so the Prem would run with 23 teams next season.

The knock on effect will be that 6 teams will be relegated from each league to sort it out for the following season. 

This could be the perfect storm for Wednesday, if we get a points deduction with 6 teams being relegated it could make it even more of a challenge to stay up.

I really hope this does not happen, the best hope is the Prem rejecting the idea of 23 teams as the top teams already complain they play too many games.

Guest LondonOwl313
38 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

So there is talk about no relegations but three teams promoted from each league so the Prem would run with 23 teams next season.

The knock on effect will be that 6 teams will be relegated from each league to sort it out for the following season.   This could be the perfect storm for Wednesday, if we get a points deduction with 6 teams being relegated it could make it even more of a challenge to stay up.

I really hope this does not happen, the best hope is the Prem rejecting the idea of 23 teams as the top teams already complain they play too many games.

That's not what they're talking about... it would only be the prem with too many teams because there would still be 24 teams in the championship as 3 would go up from championship and league 1 and none would go down. So just the prem that has to relegate more than usual

How would it effect the lower leagues as league 1 already has an odd number of teams with bury not being in the division anymorewho then replaces them in league two as the national leagues have been cut short it would be a nightmare 

One option I can see of doing it at moment is the teams in automatic promotion places at moment play the teams in the relegation zones from above in a winner takes all game 

5 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That's not what they're talking about... it would only be the prem with too many teams because there would still be 24 teams in the championship as 3 would go up from championship and league 1 and none would go down. So just the prem that has to relegate more than usual

I also thought they were talking about no relegations, but I could be wrong. You come back to the problem of deciding who gets promoted and relegated.

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

But the rumour was no relegation from ALL league's 

Edit:  understand what u mean now :duntmatter:

Edited by Shiregreenowl 80

9 hours ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Yes there would only be too many teams in the Prem but they will want to bring it straight back down to 20 teams so will relegate 6 teams.  If the Championship does not also relegate 6 teams then the season after there would be an additional 3 teams in the league..