Players who couldn't hack it at a big club like Sheffield Wednesday

On 02/05/2020 at 12:53, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Not really.. Beswetherick played for Plymouth, Leon knight played for Huddersfield and qpr before joining us and Owusu played for Brentford before us. 

yes we average more people at games but come on... Brentford, qpr and Plymouth dont just average 200 people. They just weren’t very good players. 

21 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Owusu scored 20 odd in a couple of seasons consecutive before coming to us. Leon Knight though a bell end, also scored regularly around his time with us 

I think in these two cases it was a combination of not being good enough and not having the right temperament to play in front of bigger crowds with more pressure.

Knight and Owusu had both scored goals before coming to us but did so in the 3rd division. Brentford were averaging around 6K at that time and Huddersfield around 10K.

I've obviously never experienced playing in front of crowds like that but I would imagine there is a significant difference. For some it is water off a ducks back and some thrive under increased pressure and attention. Others can't handle it.

Owusu was clearly affected by the move to a club of significantly bigger size and stature but I also think he wasn't good enough to play regular Championship football.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

One of?

I think you're being too kind

He's the worst player I've ever seen playing for anybody

Grimsby

Subbed before half time. Only lasting memory I have of him along with hitting the bar against Sailbury.

2 minutes ago, fudge27 said:

Wasn't it 17 minutes? 

We we're sat in the South Stand and he was getting skinned by some winger/wide man who he made look like Hazzard. The crowd were quite unforgiving; total given up trying to encourage him and his confidence was gone - people stood up applauding when he was subbed - quite excruciating really.

His hair style made me think he had stumbled into football, rather than carved a career out - unless it was a standard Plymouth cut?

4 hours ago, Animis said:

We we're sat in the South Stand and he was getting skinned by some winger/wide man who he made look like Hazzard. The crowd were quite unforgiving; total given up trying to encourage him and his confidence was gone - people stood up applauding when he was subbed - quite excruciating really.

His hair style made me think he had stumbled into football, rather than carved a career out - unless it was a standard Plymouth cut?

Terry Cooke who we later signed if memory serves 

4 hours ago, fudge27 said:

Terry Cooke who we later signed if memory serves 

If memory was right, Terry Cooke was playing for us then - in that game

I think it was a former Sheffield United player, Marcel Cas???