Hat tricks

something we don't seem to get many of over the years, who was the last player to score 2 hat tricks in the same season, pretty sure Hirsty never managed it, struggling to remember it happening since I started watching in 1974.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Leicester in the league and Oldham in the cup.

And I was aghast that in the Leicester game, Martin Hodge had to play in a red jersey because their away kit was all green (I remember Turner and Pressman both wearing one in the early 1990s as well). I think Lineker played for them that day. And John Ryan (who looked like one of the scousers from Harry Enfield's Television Programme) scored what I think was his only goal for us.

3 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

And I was aghast that in the Leicester game, Martin Hodge had to play in a red jersey because their away kit was all green (I remember Turner and Pressman both wearing one in the early 1990s as well). I think Lineker played for them that day. And John Ryan (who looked like one of the scousers from Harry Enfield's Television Programme) scored what I think was his only goal for us.

He did score. Also Andy Blair.

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Correct in the space of about 2 weeks I believe. So he is also the answer.

He's "the" answer, not "also the answer". lol

Hat trick of headers at MK Dons, and a treble against Hartlepool in the Tinpot Trophy iirc 

4 minutes ago, alanharper said:

He's "the" answer, not "also the answer". lol

Hat trick of headers at MK Dons, and a treble against Hartlepool in the Tinpot Trophy iirc 

Yeah just noticed it said last player to do it not all of them.

lol