EFL End of Season Plan Leak

1 hour ago, Essix Blue said:

UEFA have said if any league null and void the season, they won’t get any places in next seasons champions league or Europa. 

So if they finish the premier League they get 12 champions League places and 8 Europa League places....to replace the country's who have cancelled their leagues

Can't see PSG etc. Living with that

28 minutes ago, vulva said:

Just start the new season at Christmas and have 23 games rather than 46. Pot luck who you get at home or away. 

Or regionalise into north and south divisions. 22 games. Winners of both promoted runners up from both compete in play off final.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Season unlikely to finish. Top 3 in each league to go up with no relegations, this will be fixed next year with more relegations. 

Also clubs have said they won’t pay players past the end of their contracts so the EFL have asked the clubs to find out how many out of contract players will play for free if the season is extended.

Wern't Gibson and his supporters demanding that any points deduction for us  be implemented

this season?

Bring it on !!:rolleyes:

Edited by oldtawnyowl

I suppose the EFL have to make some sort of plan but, with regards to promotion from the Championship, it's really not up to them. The Premier League wears the trousers in this relationship, and if the Premier League decide they are not going to relegate clubs, then no-one from the Championship will be getting promoted.

They could award West Brom the Championship if they want, not that it'll cheer West Brom fans up all that much if they are still playing in it.

As for what happens next, it really depends on the start date for next season. If it was up to me, I'd prefer to finish the old season even if we didn't restart until October. You could play the final 8 or so games in 6 weeks and then start the next season with a shorter season where everyone plays each other once.

But it seems many other leagues are going down the cancel it and start again route. So if it was an October restart, it looks like that's what the Prem/Championship authorities would choose. It is less fair but probably a better outcome for Wednesday (mid-table season written off, no new batch of Parachute clubs coming down next season and the existing parachute clubs will think twice about loaning the likes of 70k a week Knockaert given the losses they have suffered).

Also god knows what will happen with FFP. Considering the massive losses that every club in the league might be about to make, you could theoretically see a situation where in a year or two's time pretty much every club in the league is failing FFP. Whether that has any bearing on their determination to make an example of Wednesday/Derby I don't know...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Elderly, vulnerable people, key workers all dying from this virus 

Meanwhile tw@t5 like Jack Grealish are sneaking out to parties and Football are considering restarting just for financial gain

The whole thing makes me sick and how anyone could be happy supporting that decison is scum to me 

The government need to step up and void the season cus clearly the powers of football are just thinking of themselves 

The whole situation is disgusting 

Great post.

People need to realise that peoples lifes are more important than promotions and trophies.

Im obsessed by football and am shocked people can't see this.

Guest Grandad

I can just see the Premier League saying to their Chairmen "Yeah the EFL have suggested we accept 3 more clubs next season - so the TV money will be split 23 ways not 20"

We just need 70% of you to agree to that. Vote here

2 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Elderly, vulnerable people, key workers all dying from this virus 

Meanwhile tw@t5 like Jack Grealish are sneaking out to parties and Football are considering restarting just for financial gain

The whole thing makes me sick and how anyone could be happy supporting that decison is scum to me 

The government need to step up and void the season cus clearly the powers of football are just thinking of themselves 

The whole situation is disgusting 

Turns out that football is not more important than life or death.

My idea fwiw

Finish now. Top 2 go up, no relegation. Next season starts behind closed doors til at least Christmas (half way point). Prem and most of championship are gonna have to re-evaluate their contracts and future contracts with players - won’t be a bad thing. As for the PL loss of sky income for this season, do a deal with Sky and spread the loss over the remainder of the Sky contract. 

what some people don’t realise is - if Sky demand money back for the missed games this season, that means teams in L1 and 2 will also lose income that the PL pass down to them. 

3 hours ago, Bluesteel said:

Legal action in my view would be in poor taste given the impossible situation we all find ourselves in. But this is football and someone would do it.

I think that it should just be no promotion or relegation this season and start next season as if it was this one. There is so much disruption to sort out from kits to contracts to fixtures, the euros. FFP.

its massively galling for teams at the top of a league but the balance has to be found between rewards this season and the wider game and getting everything back on schedule.

Despite this, due to the money already paid to the EPL, I suspect we will finish this season later this year or early next and perhaps have a long break til the summer of 2021. Effectively skipping next season. 

Why would we pass this year's problem on to another year? That doesn't make any business sense and would not even be considered

8 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

As for the PL loss of sky income for this season, do a deal with Sky and spread the loss over the remainder of the Sky contrac

Sky have already said they don't want the money back

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8211063/Sky-Sports-not-ask-371m-rebate-Premier-League-season-cancelled.html

Not sure about BT and the other broadcasters though

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

They are seeing the bigger picture and their reputation will be enhanced significantly by the stance they are taking

Yep. Good move by them if it happens. They’ll prob get more games next season anyway as they’ll be behind closed doors. 

EFL are aiming for 6th June, behind closed doors games i believe.

A total farce. the season should be cancelled as it is. No promotion or relegation.

I mean id be gutted if we we were 1st/2nd but in the grand scheme of things it is the least worst option.

Guest Grandad
20 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

My idea fwiw

Finish now. Top 2 go up, no relegation. Next season starts behind closed doors til at least Christmas (half way point). Prem and most of championship are gonna have to re-evaluate their contracts and future contracts with players - won’t be a bad thing. As for the PL loss of sky income for this season, do a deal with Sky and spread the loss over the remainder of the Sky contract. 

what some people don’t realise is - if Sky demand money back for the missed games this season, that means teams in L1 and 2 will also lose income that the PL pass down to them. 

Do you genuinely think 70% of the Premier League Chairmen will vote in favour of spltting their TV money for next season - especially when they've lost so much money this season?

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Do you genuinely think 70% of the Premier League Chairmen will vote in favour of spltting their TV money for next season - especially when they've lost so much money this season?

Nope but likewise do you think Leeds, West Brom, Leicester will be anywhere near content at the money and improved status/challenge not coming their way that looked likely. It is a nightmare of a decision.