Least expected place to meet an Owl

On 03/05/2020 at 08:13, gurujuan said:

Out of interest, how many of you do wear Wednesday colours if you happen to be at another game? It’s odd, I rarely wear colours, home or away, but have often worn something Wednesday when watching Malaga. Maybe it eases my conscience, and I feel less of a traitor for being there? 
I can remember, a few seasons back, I got a request from my father in law in Moscow, to take him and some of his business colleagues to an English football match. He was not particularly enamoured with the idea of going to Southend away, and decided that he wanted to go to Chelsea, and it didn’t matter what it cost. Reluctantly I agreed, and managed to get us tickets, parting with £600 in the process, for which he thankfully reimbursed me, and I met them in London. Defiantly I turned up in my Wednesday scarf, and an Oxford Owls tee shirt, which confused my guests and irritated the stewards, who initially refused to let us in. Eventually we were allowed in and I spent the whole afternoon on my phone listening to the reports from Southend. 

wearing colours

i very rarely wear colours to a game, but always take a polo or T shirt on foreign travels, or when i am off watching England 

Epcot August 2001 a guy saw me in my Wednesday shirt and asked if I knew the score from the match the previous day.

Luckily me and my dad found an internet cafe so we knew the score.

Cant remember who we played but it was 2001 so a good chance we lost!