Least expected place to meet an Owl

2 hours ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

My daughter went to Florence with uni and met an Italian Wednesdayite who was also a fiorentina fan. They played Tottenham the same season and he displayed a Wednesday flag in amongst the fiorentina fans

Didn't we have a connection with them at some point? I remember the flag,thanks for reminding me pal UTO

Cruising on the Med, one of the acts on stage was an hypnotist. Chris Caress.

I thought I’ve heard that name before and realised he had connections with SWFC.

As we left the auditorium he was selling his CDs with his assistant.

I asked him if he was a Wednesdayite, and he said he was. We’d just been beaten 5-1 the day before by Stevenege. He left his assistant to selling the CDs and we had a good old moan about the result the day before.

Saw him the day after and he was talking to another bloke about football. He introduced me to Sam, an Evertonian. I was surprised the same evening that Sam was the headlining act on stage that evening. Turns out it was Linda Lusadi’s husband!

Edited by marconi
  • Like 1

I have a few

1. Walking around the concourse at a Boston Bruins game in about 2007

2. In the Bellagio last summer

3. At my home in Koh Samui, I have 2 other Wednesday fan mates here, that I randomly met in bars.

Strangly, Ive honeslty never met any piglets on my travels over the years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, steelerian said:

I have a few

1. Walking around the concourse at a Boston Bruins game in about 2007

2. In the Bellagio last summer

3. At my home in Koh Samui, I have 2 other Wednesday fan mates here, that I randomly met in bars.

Strangly, Ive honeslty never met any piglets on my travels over the years.

Check your messages next time your on pal. 

On 01/05/2020 at 03:32, Hitcat said:

Sex dungeon in Mogadishu.

lol

On 01/05/2020 at 03:47, Plonk said:

Sorry mate, didn’t realise that was you.

lol

On 01/05/2020 at 04:40, Hitcat said:

Jesus.. I was sore for months afterwards..

Too far FFS!

• Haha 1

Guest The Claw

Nearly everywhere I've been on holiday , never met any blunts!

Edited by The Claw

The Falkland Islands in 1995. I was in the forces based out there so not unusual to meet other Wednesday fans but this was actually a Gurkha (who were the resident infantry unit at the time) so not your usual fan.

• Like 2

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Couple of years back my girlfriend was running (walking) the Belfast marathon and I was driving around dropping supplies to her. Driving along a busy part, I saw a bloke walking along the road with a Wednesday top on. I wound the window down, beeped the horn and shouted “‘come on the owls”. He did wave back, but as an introvert, I immediately wound the window up and cringed at what I’d just done.

If you’re on here mate, I can only apologise... :blush:

57 minutes ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Couple of years back my girlfriend was running (walking) the Belfast marathon and I was driving around dropping supplies to her. Driving along a busy part, I saw a bloke walking along the road with a Wednesday top on. I wound the window down, beeped the horn and shouted “‘come on the owls”. He did wave back, but as an introvert, I immediately wound the window up and cringed at what I’d just done.

If you’re on here mate, I can only apologise... :blush:

maybe it was Belfast Owl, he’s a bit of a shrinking violet😏

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Flying V said:

Las Vegas on the first day I arrived 

It wasn't you then who I was talking to at a poker table at 3am because I was jetlagged and we spent the next two hours taking money off two drunk yanks and ripping the wee wee out of them about American football ? Sorry mate we don't do minority sports  🤣🤣

I was away with work last May in Wheeling, West Virginia. Stayed at the Hampton Inn across from a few restaurants/bars. Directly across is a place called TJ’s Sports Garden Restaurant. On my very last night in Wheeling I went across for probably the 4th and final time for a few beers ($1 a 250 ml measure between 8-11pm) with my colleague. I had the 91 yellow away shirt on... as did a local guy on one of the pool tables, who’d been a fan of Wednesday since the days of Harkes. Couldn’t believe it.

Edited by Castleford Owl

Crinkle Crags Lake District one Saturday a few years ago, near the end of a crappy season. Couldn't stand any more so went hiking instead. It was thick mist and I saw a figure looming up going in the opposite direction. When we got closer we both recognised each other's Owls bobble hats, burst out laughing , banter along the lines of "you can't hide up here, gerrin that ground and watch the game like all the other poor buggers"! 

• Haha 7

Had a pint in Vegas with ex Wednesday captain Dean Smith, met Eric Bristow same night. Loads of owls in Florida around the parks about 5 years ago. Brother lives in the states so met loads of owls over there, John Harkes created lots of interest in swfc.