Least expected place to meet an Owl

I was having some shoes made by a guy called Kong in Hoi An, Vietnam.....

'Who you big fan of?'

'Sheffield Wednesday, you'll not kn....'

'Ah...Shifd Wesdee...Cheesy Waddle! '

True story.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

7 hours ago, Plonk said:

Had Tom at the comedy club I was running last year. Fantastic comic, didn’t realise he was a wednesdayite. I bumped into “ carrots” who many will remember from the 70/80s in Barbados a good few years back. Had a good old reminisce about the old days. 

Yeah massive Wednesday fan, knew his stuff, we had chat about the great Wednesday sides of the early 90's & other general Sheffield stuff.

Top bloke I recall.

9 hours ago, Wrightyowl said:

Got chatting to a lad in a hotel bar in Mumbai as I noticed his Sheffield accent.

Dead nice kid he was over doing a night at a comedy club & he sorted us tickets.

Tom Wrigglesworth he was called, funny as fuçk.

Slipped a WAWAW into his act.

It was the day Man City pipped Man Utd to the prem as I remeber getting texts from a few Manc pals, so a few years back.

pretty boring story that, soz!

That's a great story mate.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hougoumont said:

When I was a spaceman in the late seventies, I was orbiting the earth and I saw another craft overtaking me. As it went by the cosmonaut shouted "we're all Wednesday aren't we"

I was gobsmacked.

Planet Earth is blue.

3 years ago in New Orleans, called in a corner bar just off the French Quarter, Wednesday pennant hung with the Voodoo sculls behind the bar, the guy who owned the bar apparently massive Wednesday fan from Sheffield, wasn't in at the time, but got speaking to one of the locals who new all about us

• Thanks 1

At Jerash roman ruins in Jordan...On a tour to see the sites - and walking through a little market..

Little Arab stall holder - "Hey you english? You like football? I like your football team!"

Me - "I bet you dont mate.."

Arab - "Tell me who it is? tell me tell me"

Me - "you wont have heard of them - Sheffield Wednesday"

Arab - "Oh my favourite team - Chrissy Waddle and Hillsborough - SHEFFIE WENZY! my favourite team".

I know theyre all trained to know poo like this so they can sell their tat. But its always funny seeing them come out with it!

Edited by jamsandwich
  • Haha 6

Vancouver Whitecaps vs Toronto FC game last season I noticed a young lad wearing a Niuhu shirt one section over.

Spoke to him at end of game - he was in from Toronto for the game... (that's a very long road trip... )...  He  apparently shows up on here once in a while but can't remember his nickname (or real name for that matter LOL)....

Nice to see an Owls shirt instead of the usual "Fan Boy" shirts that come to games to see guys like Rooney, Beckham, etc...

• Like 1

Aiken South Carolina.

I was wondering down the street in this one horse town, had a Wednesday shirt on and this bloke came up to me and said “ the guy who runs the menswear store is  Sheffield Wednesday fan..... off I went for a forty minute chat.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, apswfcowl said:

On a sight seeing visit in Milan, had a trip to see the San Sero on a one-match day and bumped into a couple of owls at the ground. No other shirts around, just mine and theirs! Fantastic!!!

Same here.... Wonder if it was you... Ac vs udinese 2017.

7 hours ago, paddyowl said:

Met Mel Sterland at the old Victory Club (Now The Venue) in Stocksbridge late 80s, He was demolishing a paper plate full of Black Forest Gateau.

His pre-match meal.  Spent a few hours in there having a few frames early doors before doing the rounds in the good old days.