Least expected place to meet an Owl

Sheffield Wednesday Fan.jpeg

Basically from the title have you ever been in a part of the world and randomly met a Wednesday fan?

For me 6 years ago at welding company in Barrie,Ontario.

Got the job and was introduced to a bloke called Dave who was my mentor at the time from Bradfield who loved Wednesday as much as me.

Was a great relief to have a colleague with something to talk about.

• Like 2

Got chatting to a lad in a hotel bar in Mumbai as I noticed his Sheffield accent.

Dead nice kid he was over doing a night at a comedy club & he sorted us tickets.

Tom Wrigglesworth he was called, funny as fuçk.

Slipped a WAWAW into his act.

It was the day Man City pipped Man Utd to the prem as I remeber getting texts from a few Manc pals, so a few years back.

pretty boring story that, soz!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Wrightyowl said:

Got chatting to a lad in a hotel bar in Mumbai as I noticed his Sheffield accent.

Dead nice kid he was over doing a night at a comedy club & he sorted us tickets.

It was the day Man City pipped Man Utd to the prem as I remeber getting texts from a few Manc pals, so a few years back.

That’s a good story, and Tom Wrigglesworth is a funny chap!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wrightyowl said:

1 hour ago, Wrightyowl said:

Had Tom at the comedy club I was running last year. Fantastic comic, didn’t realise he was a wednesdayite. I bumped into “ carrots” who many will remember from the 70/80s in Barbados a good few years back. Had a good old reminisce about the old days. 

5 hours ago, Plonk said:

Had Tom at the comedy club I was running last year. Fantastic comic, didn’t realise he was a wednesdayite. I bumped into “ carrots” who many will remember from the 70/80s in Barbados a good few years back. Had a good old reminisce about the old days. 

Blimey, Carrots in Barbados, I bet he was like a beetroot out there

• Haha 2

June 1979, I was with 3 mates , in the middle of nowhere, looking over a barrier into the Grand Canyon. 

I had a Wednesday patch on the back of my shorts. We noticed a group of about 12 approaching us all wearing Stetsons.

As they got nearer, one of them shouted “nar den, are you Wednesdayites?”

The whole group were on a holiday organised by the “ Sheffield Star.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My brother in law used to play for Spartak Moscow youth team. I’d given him a Wednesday shirt which he used to wear about the city He said, he’d subsequently met several Wednesday fans living in Moscow

• Like 3