Footballers to wear masks in training

If things are really that bad why are they contemplating a return to a contact sport.  Why do the Premier League think they are above this pandemic and is it an unnecessary use of testing resources that can be better used for key workers etc?

Guest Bulgaria

With the amount of gobbin they do, their masks will need emptying every 10 minutes.

There is a plus side to it though. With all the gob on the floor, I highly doubt we shall be seeing cheats rolling around in it anymore.

Mask protect people from your germs for up to 4 hours the integrity of the mask is affected by fluid, so in this case if the player is sweating, breathing or taking on fluid in a game - that will mean the mask don't last as long.

Factoring getting to he ground, warm up, 90 minutes match, half time and the warm downs at the end. I give it one game before someone either catches it or passes the virus to someone else.

I bet they will also make all the players sign waivers that the clubs and the Premier league will not be liable if they catch or worse die from the virus.

Lets just scrap this season and start again in August when hopefully we are back to some level of normality. 

Genuine question that the EPL may not have though of, will the ball be sanitised by the goal keeper each time he catches it, will it also be sanitise by any player that takes a throw in or corner, will the same happen when staff have to retrieve the ball if it goes out of bounds and when the referee brings the ball on.

Or will all players also have to wear protective gloves as Corona lives on surfaces.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

People using the "it's reported in so and so" are the joke to be quite frank.

TBF I think it's the premier league that are the joke.

If you can call being ruled by money a joke.