Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

Just now, timrud said:

You just have to look at some of the toxic power hungry people involved with fan groups that had shares in the past to see what a bad idea it would be

If certain fan groups had their way we would have had Ken Bates at the club - followed by administration and lots of local businesses not getting paid. 

I'd happily take a few relegations 

Parachute payments 

Champions of the championship 

Few premier league midtable finishes 

If we was to get sold on to one of the richest people  in the world 

Newcastle fans think they've had it bad 

Try been us or Coventry or Bury 

Typical moaning self entitled fans 

14 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Pipe dream and we will never ever compete as the rest of the clubs will be owned by wealthy individuals/consortium so if you want to watch 3rd division football forever then that ownership model is the way forward. 

I however don't and the last time the fans had shares that ended really well at S6 didn't it.

It may well be a pipe dream, I accept that, in my view a bit of a shame that clubs can't compete unless owned by someone with the money to back up mass investment that's all. But that's football I guess.

Obviously the likes of Exeter (who do it well) are much much smaller than us too and don't have the same ambitions also

What I will say is whilst I agree with the sentiment that the last time it ended badly, as well as the toxicity power hungry statement mentioned elsewhere, you have the same with chairmen across all the leagues so it's a little horses for courses.

22 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Parachute payments 

Wouldnt say it was self entitled It's just what you are used to isnt it, like Man Untied fans want them to always win the premier league.

Take us for example. A bit of money and two back to back playoffs and we are moaning about being mid table.

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Why are we talking about Ashley? 

We already have a wonderful owner who is doing an outstanding job. 

That's what my Blades supporting mate said any way 

Just tell him at least we know who our owner is, companies house don't who owns them, and our owner owns the stadium

56 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Parachute payments 

Not sure we are in the same bracket as Coventry or Bury. As fans we think we’ve had it bad but they’ve had it much worse.

3 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

Not sure we are in the same bracket as Coventry or Bury. As fans we think we’ve had it bad but they’ve had it much worse.

We was a few hours from going bust not so long ago I'd say that's worse than poor old Newcastle moaning 

Guest timrud
4 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

If certain fan groups had their way we would have had Ken Bates at the club - followed by administration and lots of local businesses not getting paid. 

Or Geoff Sheard

Guest freerole
13 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

We was a few hours from going bust not so long ago I'd say that's worse than poor old Newcastle moaning 

Yes but it's not a competition

4 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I'm not pro Bates and think he is a horrible littletwat but let's look where Leeds are compared to us, light years ahead.

Sometimes you need that unpopular figure that knows business inside out to takes things forward and Mike Ashley fits that bill.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

I'm not pro Bates and think he is a horrible littletwat but let's look where Leeds are compared to us, light years ahead.

Sometimes you need that unpopular figure that knows business inside out to takes things forward and Mike Ashley fits that bill.

So it would have been ok for you,if swfc had called in the administrators prior to kick off,of the last game of the season like he did ?

34 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Sometimes you have to play dirty in football, its a business to owners but do it the right way and not let little local businesses who put money in suffer. 

Btw Ken bates is a conker

No I didn't say conker, I said c u n t

So let’s get this right - hundreds on here are castigating Chansiri for his running of the club but would have accepted administration! 

I give up I fcuking do

On 21/05/2020 at 16:50, asteener1867 said:

Whatever..its going to be up to DC...he "nearly" walked once....he might just have had enough.

Ashley???...f.ook me its like the choice Wednesday fans have had for nigh on 2 decades now.

Van Aken or Abdi?

Emmanuelson or a f.ookin' ballboy....the bloody ballboy spends more time on the pitch...1 appearance Urby...20 f.ookin' minutes .stealing a wage for months

abdi...less said the better...van aken...

Now its Delphjon or Ashley

DC..means well yadayadayada...You simply cannot carry on doing it...Mistake after mistake...followed by "Iffy" goings on...Its worrying...The prices...f.ookin' barmy, the anniversary, the kit, that bloody boss eyed Owl FFS!.

Now we got Geordies telling us whats best for us...No offence mate.. and I admire the passion of Newcastle fans..proper club, proper fans....

Have 20 years of what WE have had mate..not the odd relegation...but years wallowing in the lower leagues...odd spark of sunshine?..promoted to a division below where we think we should be...Take 2 decades of it...Still 50'000 piling into St James'....?

I very much doubt it.

Wednesday fans pay the highest second tier prices in Europe...and we watch a circus...and for 20 years over 20 odd thousand have tipped up to watch it....Its blind loyalty bordering on stupidity...I don't doubt Geordie fans are the same...but you lads have been through nowt like it.

Warning us about Mike Ashley is like tryin' to shove 2lbs of butter up a sparrows ar*e with a red hot needle...

Nowt frightens us anymore...We are numb...

I sit at hillsborough and suddenly look around and think "How in the name of f.ook did I get here!!??"...sheer habit and hope..

So Mr Ashley...tip up an' shout "Boooo" at me...I won't f.ookin' flinch...

In pretty much every post in this thread that I have written I have stated that it is not my place to say what you as fans of Sheffield Wednesday should or shouldn’t accept. It is not my place to say that, it’s not my place to say that to any set of fans of any club.

Right now me and my fellow supporters are being told by outsiders what we should and shouldn’t accept, what we as supporters and citizens of our city should sacrifice, by people who do not know us, understand us, under the sacrifice that they are asking us to make, nor care about us, our club, or our city.

In my posts on here I have been very deliberate in saying that it’s not for me to say what you should accept for your club, because that’s a position I and almost all Newcastle fans take and something we have learnt to take because it has been applied to us.

Never have I said or will I say that Sheffield Wednesday shouldn’t accept Ashley or any other owner, or the prospect of being promoted or hoping to achieve promotion.

The points that I have tried to make about Ashley on here are from first hand experiences as life as a support of a club he’s owned.

All I can say is that Ashley could come into your club and say his aim is to win promotion and have you as a stable Premier League club.

I can understand how many of you if not all of you would jump up at the chance of that. All I’m saying is that when he came into Newcastle he said he wanted us to be finishing in the top 4.

The examples I pointed out in my first post on here were done to show how that was never his ambition and how every action he took was preventing us from achieving, be it from the mangers he appointed, the lack of investment in the playing squad, and even the financial deals which meant that we couldn’t compete even if he had a change of mind.

When he bought House of Fraser he stayed that he wanted to save the high street and rerun the company to the top. In reality his real aim was to get his hands on their stock. He bought them for £80m and immediately earned over £100m worth of stock. The big labels clothes he had was immediately transferred to his Cruise/Flannels stores. In came regular SD clothes to HOF, at least the stores he kept open.

The sofa’s and other house hold furniture at HOF was immediately transferred to his Sofa.com business.

Despite saying he wanted to safe HOF many stores were immediately closed, and quite a few others quickly followed. A lot of stores that remain are now a shadow of their former selves, if you go into one of their stores now you’ll see a sharp decrease in quality in the stock on sale, and in the views of former staff members and retail analysts, ‘A deliberate run down in stores’.

Everything I have said on here has not been an attempt to say you should or shouldn’t accept Ashley, it has just been a first hand account of how what you are promised will not be delivered.

In the column that I wrote which sparked this thread, I said that Ashley’s ambition would very well start out as wanting promotion and he would be happy if you turned into a yo-yo team. However his ambition is never matched by his actions and his ambition may very well be that for the next club he buys, but I believe his actions would result in a lot less, and as I said in the column, my fear would be that he would turn you into a yo-yo team between the Championship and League One instead.

I think it is also important to consider that it’s not just Newcastle fans who have a gripe about him.

If you talk to Rangers fans then many of them would put him in partial blame to situation they find themselves in now, where they have been turned from 1 of two clubs who could win the SPL/SPFL, to a team who has to finish 2nd at best and watch as their bitter rivals ease to each title win.

When time comes for Sheffield Wednesday to be taken over again, be that Ashley or anyone else, you will all be asked what you will take and what you expect of your new owner to do with your club and if they would be suitable owners for your club.

It is my belief that this question can only be asked by yourself and your fellow fans, and can only be answered by yourself and your fellow fans. My participation here has never been to interfere in that, my participation has been to give you all information so that when that times comes, and if that prospective owner is Ashley, then you are able to answer those questions with all the information you’d need.

TL;DR: I come in peace.

Edited by bigchrisfgb
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, bigchrisfgb said:

In pretty much every post in this thread that I have written I have stated that it is not my place to say what you as fans of Sheffield Wednesday should or shouldn’t accept. It is not my place to say that, it’s not my place to say that to any set of fans of any club.

Right now me and my fellow supporters are being told by outsiders what we should and shouldn’t accept, what we as supporters and citizens of our city should sacrifice, by people who do not know us, understand us, under the sacrifice that they are asking us to make, nor care about us, our club, or our city.

In my posts on here I have been very deliberate in saying that it’s not for me to say what you should accept for your club, because that’s a position I and almost all Newcastle fans take and something we have learnt to take because it has been applied to us.

Never have I said or will I say that Sheffield Wednesday shouldn’t accept Ashley or any other owner, or the prospect of being promoted or hoping to achieve promotion.

The points that I have tried to make about Ashley on here are from first hand experiences as life as a support of a club he’s owned.

All I can say is that Ashley could come into your club and say his aim is to win promotion and have you as a stable Premier League club.

I can understand how many of you if not all of you would jump up at the chance of that. All I’m saying is that when he came into Newcastle he said he wanted us to be finishing in the top 4.

The examples I pointed out in my first post on here were done to show how that was never his ambition and how every action he took was preventing us from achieving, be it from the mangers he appointed, the lack of investment in the playing squad, and even the financial deals which meant that we couldn’t compete even if he had a change of mind.

When he bought House of Fraser he stayed that he wanted to save the high street and rerun the company to the top. In reality his real aim was to get his hands on their stock. He bought them for £80m and immediately earned over £100m worth of stock. The big labels clothes he had was immediately transferred to his Cruise/Flannels stores. In came regular SD clothes to HOF, at least the stores he kept open.

The sofa’s and other house hold furniture at HOF was immediately transferred to his Sofa.com business.

Despite saying he wanted to safe HOF many stores were immediately closed, and quite a few others quickly followed. A lot of stores that remain are now a shadow of their former selves, if you go into one of their stores now you’ll see a sharp decrease in quality in the stock on sale, and in the views of former staff members and retail analysts, ‘A deliberate run down in stores’.

Everything I have said on here has not been an attempt to say you should or shouldn’t accept Ashley, it has just been a first hand account of how what you are promised will not be delivered.

In the column that I wrote which sparked this thread, I said that Ashley’s ambition would very well start out as wanting promotion and he would be happy if you turned into a yo-yo team. However his ambition is never matched by his actions and his ambition may very well be that for the next club he buys, but I believe his actions would result in a lot less, and as I said in the column, my fear would be that he would turn you into a yo-yo team between the Championship and League One instead.

I think it is also important to consider that it’s not just Newcastle fans who have a gripe about him.

If you talk to Rangers fans then many of them would put him in partial blame to situation they find themselves in now, where they have been turned from 1 of two clubs who could win the SPL/SPFL, to a team who has to finish 2nd at best and watch as their bitter rivals ease to each title win.

When time comes for Sheffield Wednesday to be taken over again, be that Ashley or anyone else, you will all be asked what you will take and what you expect of your new owner to do with your club and if they would be suitable owners for your club.

It is my belief that this question can only be asked by yourself and your fellow fans, and can only be answered by yourself and your fellow fans. My participation here has never been to interfere in that, my participation has been to give you all information so that when that times comes, and if that prospective owner is Ashley, then you are able to answer those questions with all the information you’d need.

TL;DR: I come in peace.

Mate 

You have every right to say what you think Sheffield Wednesday should or shouldn't do ...its a free country

It bothers me not one bit and I respect the fact that you know shed loads more about Ashley than I do.

The fact I think you may be overlooking is  that we ALREADY are a team that yoyos between the 1st and the Championship and have been for 2 decades. 

Edited by asteener1867

13 hours ago, the third man said:

Just tell him at least we know who our owner is, companies house don't who owns them, and our owner owns the stadium

I have. 

But he keeps coming back at me with something about being in the premier League challenging for a place in Europe while we fight for mid-table in the championship