Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I wouldn't mind, after all winning the PL would probably require an insane amount of money and/or luck. I would be very happy to see us being run like a normal business for a change. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Genuine question 

 

Who would have Ashley here if it meant, us getting promoted (which would need to happen to make him any money) and finishing no higher than 12th in the PL every year? 

Thank god you've not asked loaded questions?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, ANDY said:

 

 

 

 

Probably is offensive in some way to someone. However, I do like it when unrelated videos and music match so well.

Edited by cardiffowl06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't be any worse than what we've currently got

Famous last words? lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stoop said:

Genuine question 

 

Who would have Ashley here if it meant, us getting promoted (which would need to happen to make him any money) and finishing no higher than 12th in the PL every year? 

 

Me...I would rather be finishing mid table in the EPL rather than mid table in the championship every year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DC will not sell unless someone offers silly money and MA would only be interested if the club was going cheap.

 

MA will have a pick of clubs very soon as virus sorts out those who will struggle to continue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

 

Me...I would rather be finishing mid table in the EPL rather than mid table in the championship every year.

Yeah but what about Mike Ashley being a nasty man?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Yeah but what about Mike Ashley being a nasty man?

 

Is he? I don't know him personally.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like grandads posts and he’s a nice chap but that comment. I’ve not read it and I’m not changing my mind sums up so much of the problem. Not just at wednesday but in life. Why don’t people want to know what’s going on? I was 50/50 on him before reading that. But wouldn’t want him near now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Stoop said:

Genuine question 

 

Who would have Ashley here if it meant, us getting promoted (which would need to happen to make him any money) and finishing no higher than 12th in the PL every year? 

 

 

I know exactly what would happen 

 

People would get fed up of finishing around 12th in the premier every year - they'd be pining for an exciting promotion race in the championship or people sayimng the owner had taken as far as he can so he needs to sell up so we can move to the next level

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, scram said:

 

 

I know exactly what would happen 

 

People would get fed up of finishing around 12th in the premier every year - they'd be pining for an exciting promotion race in the championship or people sayimng the owner had taken as far as he can so he needs to sell up so we can move to the next level

 

I’m not going to disagree. 

 

Ps - Overheard on the Kop a few years back - “I’m not bothered about promotion. We’d have to arrive at the ground earlier and I’d struggle to find somewhere to park”

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

DC will not sell unless someone offers silly money and MA would only be interested if the club was going cheap.

 

MA will have a pick of clubs very soon as virus sorts out those who will struggle to continue.

I’m not so sure. 
 

He must be losing a lot of money with this lockdown and with a potential fine and points deduction on the horizon, it might just force his hand. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Asio otus said:

DC will not sell unless someone offers silly money and MA would only be interested if the club was going cheap.

 

MA will have a pick of clubs very soon as virus sorts out those who will struggle to continue.

 

Who knows, one might be us? That quote in the Athletic the other day by someone who didn’t want to be named suggested we were totally in the sh!t financially?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

Who knows, one might be us? That quote in the Athletic the other day by someone who didn’t want to be named suggested we were totally in the sh!t financially?

That's due to FFP though isnt it, not the fact Chansiri is broke.

 

Might appeal to Ashley that if he buys the club he wont have to spend any money as we cant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, theowlsman said:

 

I’m not going to disagree. 

 

Ps - Overheard on the Kop a few years back - “I’m not bothered about promotion. We’d have to arrive at the ground earlier and I’d struggle to find somewhere to park”

 

Many people will have this outlook.

 

To some the social side is all they are bothered about. Meeting mates, having a few beers etc. The football is secondary and there is nothing wrong with that.

 

To some its just an escape from normal life for a sat afternoon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Stoop said:

Genuine question 

 

Who would have Ashley here if it meant, us getting promoted (which would need to happen to make him any money) and finishing no higher than 12th in the PL every year? 

Who wouldn't want that ?  After the last 20 years I'd love that.  And it's probably the best we could hope for under ANY circumstances.  And a team that finishes about mid table has a great chance of winning the FA Cup. I'd love us to win it before I die.  

We'd have a great season getting promoted, sell out crowds the following season and a chance to contribute to Uniteds relegation. We'd have internationals, a higher profile, improvements to the ground and with no worries about relegation as we'd finish mid table every year. What's not to like ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

 

Who knows, one might be us? That quote in the Athletic the other day by someone who didn’t want to be named suggested we were totally in the sh!t financially?

Most clubs are due to Covid. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With COVID exposing the states many clubs are in, not only will Mike Ashley have his pick of clubs but I also suspect many many clubs, most in far better states than us, will be rushing to him 

 

I posted earlier on this thread about my thoughts on any prospective deal however, just to open debate, what makes us an objectively better proposition to a business man than the likes of derby/forest/bristol city/sunderland/Ipswich etc. etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Chris Apolon said:

With COVID exposing the states many clubs are in, not only will Mike Ashley have his pick of clubs but I also suspect many many clubs, most in far better states than us, will be rushing to him 




These people don't go for healthy clubs mate


They look at picking off the ones who are in dire straits and turning them around.

Just to remind you that's what Mike Ashley does for a living. 

When House Of Fraser was going out of business he nicked in and bought em out of administration


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:




These people don't go for healthy clubs mate


They look at picking off the ones who are in dire straits and turning them around.

Just to remind you that's what Mike Ashley does for a living. 

When House Of Fraser was going out of business he nicked in and bought em out of administration


 

and has said it was a mistake.... I wonder if he wants to make an even bigger one :bullen:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...