Guest Ash76

Mike Ashley

48 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It continues to fascinate me that people will form extremely strong and potentially far-reaching opinions whilst attempting to make a virtue of the fact that alternative views can be dismissed with nothing more than a 'meh'. Apparently it is more important to be seen defending your original stance vigorously than it is to be reaching an informed, logical conclusion that is open to mitigation as and when it becomes available.

“Faced with a choice between changing one’s mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy with the proof.” - J.K. Galbraith

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

“Faced with a choice between changing one’s mind and proving there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy with the proof.” - J.K. Galbraith

Is President Trump a cause of this kind of attitude, or a result of it?

27 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Given the age of the quote versus the age of the presidency I'll go with the latter... even Tolstoy was complaining about this too:

“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dr. benway said:

Given the age of the quote versus the age of the presidency I'll go with the latter... even Tolstoy was complaining about this too:

“The most difficult subjects can be explained to the most slow-witted man if he has not formed any idea of them already; but the simplest thing cannot be made clear to the most intelligent man if he is firmly persuaded that he knows already, without a shadow of doubt, what is laid before him.”

You're wasted here.

:biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

You're wasted here.

:biggrin:

It's the only way I can handle it :laugh:

• Haha 2

Never mind all that flim flam....

Isnt there a teeny teeny bit of you that wants to see what Mike Ashley does with the 35 million quid he gets for Jordan Rhodes after selling him to Newcastle ?......

• Haha 2

So it is back on then?

• Haha 1

I seriously hope he does come in. Don’t care about him as a person. DC needs to sell up ASAP as I can only see is free falling.

If only we had some sort of clue if this is happening or not.

Is there a Greggs opening on the old Wednesdayite car park? :ph34r:

On 19/05/2020 at 14:37, DJMortimer said:

He is not the cause as individuals have to take responsibility for their own adopted attitudes. However, Trump and his ilk probably deserve to be called super spreaders

Whatever..its going to be up to DC...he "nearly" walked once....he might just have had enough.

Ashley???...f.ook me its like the choice Wednesday fans have had for nigh on 2 decades now.

Van Aken or Abdi?

Emmanuelson or a f.ookin' ballboy....the bloody ballboy spends more time on the pitch...1 appearance Urby...20 f.ookin' minutes .stealing a wage for months

abdi...less said the better...van aken...

Now its Delphjon or Ashley

DC..means well yadayadayada...You simply cannot carry on doing it...Mistake after mistake...followed by "Iffy" goings on...Its worrying...The prices...f.ookin' barmy, the anniversary, the kit, that bloody boss eyed Owl FFS!.

Now we got Geordies telling us whats best for us...No offence mate.. and I admire the passion of Newcastle fans..proper club, proper fans....

Have 20 years of what WE have had mate..not the odd relegation...but years wallowing in the lower leagues...odd spark of sunshine?..promoted to a division below where we think we should be...Take 2 decades of it...Still 50'000 piling into St James'....?

I very much doubt it.

Wednesday fans pay the highest second tier prices in Europe...and we watch a circus...and for 20 years over 20 odd thousand have tipped up to watch it....Its blind loyalty bordering on stupidity...I don't doubt Geordie fans are the same...but you lads have been through nowt like it.

Warning us about Mike Ashley is like tryin' to shove 2lbs of butter up a sparrows ar*e with a red hot needle...

Nowt frightens us anymore...We are numb...

I sit at hillsborough and suddenly look around and think "How in the name of f.ook did I get here!!??"...sheer habit and hope..

So Mr Ashley...tip up an' shout "Boooo" at me...I won't f.ookin' flinch...

On 20/05/2020 at 16:52, the mighty wednesday said:

He is not the cause as individuals have to take responsibility for their own adopted attitudes. However, Trump and his ilk probably deserve to be called super spreaders

Had a girlfriend once who was a super spreader, took me about 3 weeks to find out its wasn't what I thought 😱

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Tarquin said:

Had a girlfriend once who was a super spreader, took me about 3 weeks to find out its wasn't what I thought 😱

I wonder if anyone has an Aunty Virus?

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

I wonder if anyone has an Aunty Virus?

Had an Aunty Vi perhaps that was her real name

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, glynnb said:

Had an Aunty Vi perhaps that was her real name

“Who’s that knocking at the door?”

“It’s Aunty Vi Russ”

Russ - “Well let her in then”.

• Haha 1

Guest freerole

"Welcome to the Sports Direct Hills Bowl"

Genuine question 

Who would have Ashley here if it meant, us getting promoted (which would need to happen to make him any money) and finishing no higher than 12th in the PL every year?