Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

Not being funny but if Ashley takes us over and gets us to the point hes got newcastle I'd be buzzing. 

Newcastle fans typical prem clubs who don't realise how good theyve got it and complain at a 14th place prem finish and a 40 mil striker.

If there is one thing Ashley is its a businessman and he would do everything he could to get us to the prem and make us more attractive for a potential buyer

13 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Not being funny but if Ashley takes us over and gets us to the point hes got newcastle I'd be buzzing. 

Newcastle fans typical prem clubs who don't realise how good theyve got it and complain at a 14th place prem finish and a 40 mil striker.

Of all the things to list about how good Newcastle have got it. I've given their £40m striker a 29 game start on me and he's still only scored 1 more Premier League goal than I have.

• Haha 4

On 30/04/2020 at 22:31, Steve Down South said:

I really don’t like Ashley and wouldn’t want him involved with Wednesday.  Having lived away for a number of years now, I’ve always been proud to tell people I’m from Sheffield and a Wednesdayite.  I wouldn’t want that pride to be negatively impacted by any association with Ashley.

Chansiri has got everyone thinking we’re cheats already. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Of all the things to list about how good Newcastle have got it. I've given their £40m striker a 29 game start on me and he's still only scored 1 more Premier League goal than I have.

Saint-Maximin looks the much better player.

8 hours ago, kingsidney said:

Chansiri has got everyone thinking we’re cheats already. 

I’m not about to defend Chansiri, but believe Ashley would be worse in terms of an outsider’s view of the club.  It remains to be seen, but I reckon we are incompetent rather than cheats.

2 hours ago, 442 said:

No chance I’m reading the full thread.

Any concrete links? Or just lazy paper talk?

11 hours ago, toppOwl said:

Can't be bothered to read the whole 22 pages but all I will ask is - can he be any worse than what we have now?

31 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Whats up with people these days?

Jeeeeeeesus

Do what i do start at the last page and work back, a lot more interesting trying to fathom out posts/statements,

akin to looking in a garden shed, you know it's in there, but it's gonna take some rummaging.

2 hours ago, Steve Down South said:

I’m not about to defend Chansiri, but believe Ashley would be worse in terms of an outsider’s view of the club.  It remains to be seen, but I reckon we are incompetent rather than cheats.

I’m confused as to what you mean by outsiders view of the club, you don’t seriously think the club will ever be owned by a life long Wednesday fan do you ? 

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Whats up with people these days?

Jeeeeeeesus

Comes on a forum and takes the trouble to post that he can’t be arsed to read the thread that he’s taken the trouble to post in ...... bizarre???

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Comes on a forum and takes the trouble to post that he can’t be arsed to read the thread that he’s taken the trouble to post in ...... bizarre???

Did you see that thread a couple of weeks ago about the Forest player supposedly going on strike if the season was ended prematurely? There was reply after reply slagging him off for his outrageous impudence even though something like a quarter of the posts made it clear that he had said no such thing and that the headline was basically a lie.

10 hours ago, Owl999 said:

I’m confused as to what you mean by outsiders view of the club, you don’t seriously think the club will ever be owned by a life long Wednesday fan do you ? 

Simply that most football supporters will have a view on Ashley (probably negative) whereas many will never have heard of Chansiri.  Can’t imagine any future owner being a Wednesday fan.