Chris Waddle says scrap the Championship season

There would be no case to answer for in the courts.

The club's would follow medical and government advice and/or orders.

The only way this gets to court is if they go against the advice of government and medical advice and start the season up, which ends in players or staff getting ill or worse.

Then it gets really messy.

2 minutes ago, trev said:

There would be no case to answer for in the courts.

The club's would follow medical and government advice and/or orders.

The only way this gets to court is if they go against the advice of government and medical advice and start the season up, which ends in players or staff getting ill or worse.

Then it gets really messy.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52462233 FIFA backing as well

14 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

He was being interviewed what did you expect him to say 'No Comment'

:duntmatter:

I'm sure he gets interviewed a lot but recently everything he says ends up on here. 

19 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I think there's more of a victim mentality from Wednesday fans about scousers than there is a victim mentality amongst scousers themselves.

Wednesday fans never seem to shut up about em..

lol

Liverpool should be dragged before the court and told to f00k right off.

No winners for this season.

Now walk on, walk on, with nowt in your cabinet, cos you never won the league, you never won the league.

Season cancelled.

Anti Liverpool, Moi?

scouse.jpeg

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

*gives up*

*bangs head on desk*

Waddle was awesome and I love it when he talks about Wednesday because he says it on a level likes he’s a supporter. I agree with what he says. He’s a footballer saying football is not essential so let’s stop putting off the inevitable. 

If the season was only a month or two old, I’d agree (like with the season when world war 2 broke out) but it doesn’t sit right with me to scrap this season (even if we benefit).

I’d be more in favour of scrapping next season to provide space to complete this season.

5 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

If the season was only a month or two old, I’d agree (like with the season when world war 2 broke out) but it doesn’t sit right with me to scrap this season (even if we benefit).

I’d be more in favour of scrapping next season to provide space to complete this season.

I think next season gets delayed slightly aswell. And they will just say in a few weeks all the leagues in Europe are scrapped. and open the transfer window again as normal and say everyone prepare for the new season in say. Sept. Oct. 

If they played the remainder of this season and then start the new one in say December then there is just to much logistics to deal with. Contracts, transfer windows, fitting in new season before euros in 2021. (Which will 100% not be moved about again). adequate rest between old and new season.  

I think the leagues know already we are not playing again they are just not saying it yet.

18 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

That's a whole level of stupid doing that I'm afraid

10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I think next season gets delayed slightly aswell. And they will just say in a few weeks all the leagues in Europe are scrapped. and open the transfer window again as normal and say everyone prepare for the new season in say. Sept. Oct. 

If they played the remainder of this season and then start the new one in say December then there is just to much logistics to deal with. Contracts, transfer windows, fitting in new season before euros in 2021. (Which will 100% not be moved about again). adequate rest between old and new season.  

I think the leagues know already we are not playing again they are just not saying it yet.

Absolutely this.

I think they have to be seen to try...have to give it every chance.

But deep down they know it's done.

When the chief medical officer of Fifa says football shouldn't be played until Sept. It's over.

Bundesliga will try first and fail. Then the rest will fold.

I think both the Premier League and EFL are waiting for is for the Government to turn around and say there will be no sporting events here until September at the earliest just like the Dutch and French Governments have done?

It makes it easier for the football authorities if they are being told rather than being advised? There is more chance of shutting everybody up then and makes court cases less likely?

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Saw a tweet from Jamie Carragher saying would it be fair on Liverpool if the league was cancelled. 

Someone replied was it fair on all the clubs ( including us) who missed put on Europe because of them.

Got to say my sympathy bypass usually kicks in regarding Liverpool. 

Especially those Sheffield based scousers

😂

• Like 1

Surely they have to void the season? How can you safeguard players health (and therefore their family's health) if they're playing football. You'd also need some emergency services even if it was played behind closed doors and how can you justify that?

I also don't see how you can give titles, promote and relegate teams when clubs haven't played the exact same opposition the same amount of time; Villa are in the bottom three because they've played a game less than Watford...you can't relegate them for doing well in the league cup and playing a game less!

First time poster since my 2004 ban! Hope bygones can be bygones...especially as Dave Allen isn't even at the club anymore!

2 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Surely they have to void the season? How can you safeguard players health (and therefore their family's health) if they're playing football. You'd also need some emergency services even if it was played behind closed doors and how can you justify that?

I also don't see how you can give titles, promote and relegate teams when clubs haven't played the exact same opposition the same amount of time; Villa are in the bottom three because they've played a game less than Watford...you can't relegate them for doing well in the league cup and playing a game less!

First time poster since my 2004 ban! Hope bygones can be bygones...especially as Dave Allen isn't even at the club anymore!

Someone on here said a Bundesliga club had estimated 300 people would be required to put on even a single game. And that's just those directly involved. Obviously all those individuals would come into contact with countless more indirectly after the game was over. In this country there are something like 90 games still to play just in the Premier League, never mind the lower divisions, play offs and FA Cup.

As for Dave Allen (BOOOOOOO), since you've been away he's been proving what an outstanding chairman he is at Chesterfield the last few years. :biggrin:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Someone on here said a Bundesliga club had estimated 300 people would be required to put on even a single game. And that's just those directly involved. Obviously all those individuals would come into contact with countless more indirectly after the game was over. In this country there are something like 90 games still to play just in the Premier League, never mind the lower divisions, play offs and FA Cup.

As for Dave Allen (BOOOOOOO), since you've been away he's been proving what an outstanding chairman he is at Chesterfield the last few years. :biggrin:

Bloody hell, its weird seeing some of the old names, remember yours from way back! I think I was SuperSibon before I moved up to Leeds, my pro club/ anti Wednesdayite views didn't always go down well with Neil!

1 minute ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Bloody hell, its weird seeing some of the old names, remember yours from way back! I think I was SuperSibon before I moved up to Leeds, my pro club/ anti Wednesdayite views didn't always go down well with Neil!

Or me.  :bullen:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

Saw a tweet from Jamie Carragher saying would it be fair on Liverpool if the league was cancelled. 

Someone replied was it fair on all the clubs ( including us) who missed put on Europe because of them.

Got to say my sympathy bypass usually kicks in regarding Liverpool. 

Heysel isn't allowed to be mentioned. Never happened. It wasn't Liverpool fans that killed 39 Italians.

• Thanks 2