Matt Hamshaw

Main memory of him was the fact he was shagging our P.E teacher at Rawmarsh comp while I was there 03-08 (he's since married her). 

When he was at his peak for us he was an invidulator in most of our exams. Imagine doing your GCSE's with a current wednesday player walking up and down checking you're not cheating ! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Eaton_Swfc said:

Main memory of him was the fact he was shagging our P.E teacher at Rawmarsh comp while I was there 03-08 (he's since married her). 

When he was at his peak for us he was an invidulator in most of our exams. Imagine doing your GCSE's with a current wednesday player walking up and down checking you're not cheating ! 

At least he made an honest woman of her lol

Would you have though is my next question?

Edited by NorthAmericanOwl
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

So, back to the topic.

Played for rawmarsh St Joes on Sundays, progressed to Academy with Clive Baker in charge.

heard him referred to as best crosser of ball at club.

Loved his goal when he broke away from LL and scored at Kop on a solo.

Watford and Wrexham (maybe) stick in my mind

Enjoyed watching him play, had a lot of promise and was very comfortable on the ball.

Had a little chat with him when i went to see Lanzarote Owl lookalike Billy Pearce at the Consort in Thurcroft.

Lovely lad.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, ZicoSterland2 said:

Highly touted but career ruined by injury. Doubt we ever saw what his true potential was.

Pretty much this, we were in decline when he came through but you could see how good he was, was only a matter of time and games until the Premier League came calling then injuries hit and it all went down hill. Unfortunatly we are terrible at bringing through youngsters, always have been. Its a pity as we have had some decent ones that have not progressed due to our mismanagement. However we cant account for injuries.

13 hours ago, NorthAmericanOwl said:

Just watching our 2-1 win in the Worthington Cup over the great unwashed and he seemed so promising,obviously injuries held him back.

What are your memories of him?

FWIW I really liked him,although I was a young lad when he started with us.

First time I've seen him was at European U-16 Championship in a 2:1 win against Sweden.

He was best player on the pitch and looked very talented.

I'm sure that only injuries robbed him of solid career at Premiership level.