Kadeem Harris on Neil Warnock..

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Southampton thought they got a good manager in ex-Pompey boss Harry Redknapp, and that turned into a disaster for them as he took them down and he then left to go back to managing Pompey. 

Just saying it can be a bad move to hire Warnock if he couldn’t turn the ship around.  

Bit like if we hired Bruce again and then he got offered another PL job. Awkward 

Indeed, the risk would be too much and I don’t think getting success with the help of a pig sounds that appealing.  I’d much rather we have our own man who we Owls fans can hero worship without feeling dirty about it 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Is he 72 now ? 

Realised he couldn’t hack it any more this season so he did the honourable thing.

As bd do we need anymore aggro at this club ?

Those in favour talk like his arrival would guarantee promotion. As simple as that.

This club needs stability, including the fans uniting with the club. Warnock doesn’t offer stability.

Not sure on his age but I'm certain he said he'd like to have a final crack with someone, I think,

to get him past a management milestone.

Yes, agree, it'd cause aggro, but many appointments aren't universally accepted anyway.

Promotion this season could've eased the unstability at the club - unfortunately that's been 

tossed away by poor management, a seemingly couldn't care less attitude from some players

and crucially, a lack of effective leadership from the very top.

You'll not see stability at this club for ages yet.

10 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Not sure on his age but I'm certain he said he'd like to have a final crack with someone, I think,

to get him past a management milestone.

Yes, agree, it'd cause aggro, but many appointments aren't universally accepted anyway.

Promotion this season could've eased the unstability at the club - unfortunately that's been 

tossed away by poor management, a seemingly couldn't care less attitude from some players

and crucially, a lack of effective leadership from the very top.

You'll not see stability at this club for ages yet.

I like Warnock's managerial style and he seems to gees up his players to get them to play but I'm not sure he would come to Hillsborough as he may now want Bullen as his No.2        :image:

10 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Who spoiled it - how ?

He was sounded out by Milan to be our manager, a fair few seemed to be on board with it but some very vocal fans weren't happy and he decided against it.

One our biggest missed opportunities and right up there with the Hull and Huddersfield debacles.

11 hours ago, matt68owls said:

not quite sure how the narrow minded minority spoiled it, the end of the day the decision ended with the chairman. if the majority decided things we would have a totally different team and manager.

Warnock relegated Bury and Oldham, been relegated with the 2 premier league clubs in their first season and was sacked from the other, sacked by Palace and Leeds for really poor run of form. I know he has had success at quite a few clubs but what makes you think he would have been successful at Hillsborough?

His record in the premiership is abysmal but for getting teams out of this league he is quite simply the best manager out there, the only other that comes close is Bruce.

10 hours ago, Blue and white said:

He was sounded out by Milan to be our manager, a fair few seemed to be on board with it but some very vocal fans weren't happy and he decided against it.

One our biggest missed opportunities and right up there with the Hull and Huddersfield debacles.

Hardly a missed opportunity. At that time he was at Leeds, the only thing he did of note there  was bring  in some of old blades boys for a nice payday.

22 hours ago, Finney on the Wing said:

And where are we now?

Seriously, the bloke's excellent at putting together teams that can challenge at the top of this division

without having to go mad with the cheque book, and there's not many around like that nowadays.

What's morally wrong about getting a successful promotion chasing manager in?

Is it all about him being a Blade that's morally wrong?

I think he is a bit crackers and not funny at all.I know someone who worked for him and described him as a horrible,horrible man who thinks himself wonderful.He is a good manager for lower league teams playing dire football even compared to Monks style.most of our fans wouldnt like the up and under stuff.

Lets just leave him with the tag as a lower league genius eh!

His brand of football is utterly horrible.  Made Mick Mcarthys teams look like Barcelona in comparison.

How about doing star jumps in front of the opposing keeper. No problems, just look at the camera post match with a cheeky smile and a wink (and two fingers up to the referee).  And he never ever ever stops moaning and making things up if things don't go his way. 

Also it appears that he deflects and rarely takes responsibility when things don't go his way.  Always pointing the finger at someone or something.

Typical immature boomer.

I'd like to think we're better than that.  But it shows how desperate we've come in the last few years.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE