Kadeem Harris on Neil Warnock..

image.jpg

"His humour (was) ten out of ten," Harris said, speaking on Alan Biggs' Sheffield Live show.

"He was a great man-manager and a pleasure to work under. Even when things weren't going well for me, it was still a pleasure to work under him because of how good his humour was.

"He made things so much easier and I think that's why he has had so many teams perform so well for him and he's done so well in his career. He's had players that want to play for him.

"I've not got a bad word to say about him."

Harris also opened up on how he modelled his game, particularly during his younger years, on a variety of players.

"When I was younger I used to be a striker," he added.

"Thierry Henry was someone I looked up to in my younger years and especially being an Arsenal supporter.

"As I got older I tried to learn from players that I played with.

I was at Wycombe in the youth team and Matty Phillips was in the first team and not much older than me.

"I used to look up to him a lot and take little things from his game and try and add them to mine.

"When I went to Cardiff there was Craig Conway who was more or less an out-and-out winger, so these players have been good for me in my career."

Owlstalk Shop

There's no doubt about it Warnock is a top manager at this level. There will be moans and groans from loads of our fans but he would be first choice for any team seriously wanting promotion.

Head and shoulders above any other manager we could ever attract.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, erowl said:

Only problem I see with that is our team is so much worse than bang average lol

Look on the bright side. A lot of our players are only 3 wage packets away from being our ex players

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, cross owl said:

Warnock loves being the pantomime villain and I would have him here no problem . Wilder on the other hand genuinely does despise us , pity he is also a good manager :bullen:

Is Wilder's attitude to us anything to do with the thicko's in our fanbase singing despicable songs about his daughter by any chance?

11 hours ago, erowl said:

Only problem I see with that is our team is so much worse than bang average lol

Thing is Erowl, we were a bang average team sitting nicely in third place at one point.

Somebody with the experience of Warnock wouldn't have let the players switch off and let that slip.

Monk seems to have slipped in to a blame anyone but yourself persona - I don't think he's got it

in him to manage the situation.

Southampton thought they got a good manager in ex-Pompey boss Harry Redknapp, and that turned into a disaster for them as he took them down and he then left to go back to managing Pompey. 

Just saying it can be a bad move to hire Warnock if he couldn’t turn the ship around.  

Bit like if we hired Bruce again and then he got offered another PL job. Awkward 

Looking at the “humour “ aspects of Harris’s observations, I’ll bet that working with a manager who had a sharp and demonstrative sense of humour and fun, particularly an older manager like Warnock, would have a positive affect on a squad of footballers. We saw that with Atkinson. 

They can dish out severe dressing downs when needed and then lighten the mood with their own unique brand of humour...sounds easy but only a few have that ability.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if we'd got him as our manager when we had the chance then we would have been back in the premiership, sadly the narrow minded minority spoiled it.

not quite sure how the narrow minded minority spoiled it, the end of the day the decision ended with the chairman. if the majority decided things we would have a totally different team and manager.

Warnock relegated Bury and Oldham, been relegated with the 2 premier league clubs in their first season and was sacked from the other, sacked by Palace and Leeds for really poor run of form. I know he has had success at quite a few clubs but what makes you think he would have been successful at Hillsborough?

12 minutes ago, sw1867 said:

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again. I’d rather not sell our soul just to reach the bright lights of the premier league.

Fortunately those lacking in moral substance didn’t spoil it.

And where are we now?

Seriously, the bloke's excellent at putting together teams that can challenge at the top of this division

without having to go mad with the cheque book, and there's not many around like that nowadays.

What's morally wrong about getting a successful promotion chasing manager in?

Is it all about him being a Blade that's morally wrong?

Agree. 

Despite his piggy heritage, Would love him here. I actually think we should have gone for him a couple of years ago because his man management skills seem to be up there with the best. It’s clear and obvious we’ve had some talent in the squad,westwood bannan, Hutchinson, fessi all of which have relatively big egos: I think warnock would have put them in their place. Either that or he would have shown them the door, unfortunately some of these personalities have been lingering for the last few years. 

1 hour ago, Finney on the Wing said:

Thing is Erowl, we were a bang average team sitting nicely in third place at one point.

Somebody with the experience of Warnock wouldn't have let the players switch off and let that slip.

Monk seems to have slipped in to a blame anyone but yourself persona - I don't think he's got it

in him to manage the situation.

I agree with the comments on Monk mate ... just don't think he's up to the job.

As for when we were 3rd I thought we had an awful amount of good fortune in the early part of the season which enabled us to hit those dizzy heights.

Wednesday always seem to excel with a strong,outspoken and maybe even flamboyant manager  ... Monk doesn't qualify.

57 minutes ago, Finney on the Wing said:

And where are we now?

Seriously, the bloke's excellent at putting together teams that can challenge at the top of this division

without having to go mad with the cheque book, and there's not many around like that nowadays.

What's morally wrong about getting a successful promotion chasing manager in?

Is it all about him being a Blade that's morally wrong?

Is he 72 now ? 

Realised he couldn’t hack it any more this season so he did the honourable thing.

As bd do we need anymore aggro at this club ?

Those in favour talk like his arrival would guarantee promotion. As simple as that.

This club needs stability, including the fans uniting with the club. Warnock doesn’t offer stability.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs