Drive past Sheffield Wednesday during Lockdown April 2020

Here's a bit of 'anorak' style information for those interested, having seen the video and reminding myself of the turnstiles and wall of the ground on Penistone Road, has any one noticed the similarity in style to the  brickwork of the older parts of the wall and compared it with some of the 'remaining' old wall brickwork on Olive Grove Road ?

Go take a look, google earth will get you there in lockdown, I may be assuming, but the similarity suggests it's pretty much the same style, and of course some of that wall on Pensistone Road must have been built back when Wednesday moved the ground up there in 1900.

Edited by OwlsMan1961

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It almost looks like they used to have small windows in some of them..

In that part of the wall it does, not sure what was at that specific part, I believe The Olive Grove ground was probably a bit further back up the road but part of the wall there has been replaced looking at the Google Earth pics

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

That would also mean that the wall you've pointed out could/would have been there at the time

That's my thought's exactly, looking at the wall on Penistone Road some of that has been replaced up towards the entrance to the club shop car park, but the older parts of the wall must be the original build.