Matt Penney

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’d like to see him back here and see how he’s playing before we even think of a new contract. Is everyone’s memory being clouded by that one decent goal they saw him score recently? I’d heard he’d been below par apart from that 

Can't see that approach working too well seeing as he is on loan in Germany for the season, we have no idea when we will see any football over here and his contract is up at the end of June.

I would have thought that we would have been talking to him for a few months at least or that he already knows we won't be offering a new contract.

4 hours ago, Penfold said:

Maybe it's because he wasn't in the manager's plans and the loan would give him a platform to perform and help the Owls decide whether he is a prospect.  A player we are in a position to offer a deal to and one that we should pursue due to age, attributes and the time on his side to improve.  One of the few players we would have with a potential resale value if he does stay.

The proposition in the opening post was that he was good enough for a new deal but he'd likely reject it. I was just pointing out that if he was that good he'd have made his mark in the Championship by now and not been shipped out on loan.

3 minutes ago, Hougoumont said:

The proposition in the opening post was that he was good enough for a new deal but he'd likely reject it. I was just pointing out that if he was that good he'd have made his mark in the Championship by now and not been shipped out on loan.

I agree and it was frustrating that he started off ok, looked a prospect and then seemed to fade, same old story for some Wednesday players.  I hope due to his age he may have developed on loan and can come back and show he is capable of a shirt.  I would give him a go.