Should Sheffield Wednesday follow suit..?

2 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Now more than ever, it is glaringly obvious this sport is over indulgent. 
But will that stop the greed ? I doubt it will change things at the top, whilst those at the bottom will face a long way back.

Its everything about it. The wages, the TV rights, the kick off times, the agents, the unsettling of players, the shock jocks on the radio. People have had enough and football in empty stadiums well they might as well be in Graves Park.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

But how much? What's a proper living wage. How is it undervalued? Look at everyone clapping on a Thursday night, look at the support across the media. Everywhere you go there is support so it can't be under valued.

The general public have shown how much they value the NHS but in financial terms many of the workers have been undervalued for a long time. 

Support from the public is great but it doesn't pay the bills.

3 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

That's the choice you make

You do realise people pick careers such as these for the job and it's role, not the money. 

There is more to life then money, but emergency services in general are all under valued imo 

11 hours ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Its everything about it. The wages, the TV rights, the kick off times, the agents, the unsettling of players, the shock jocks on the radio. People have had enough and football in empty stadiums well they might as well be in Graves Park.

Used to love playing at Graves park, especially in a cold February Sunday morning, with my belly still half full of bad beer. 
Id love to have faced some of these so called pundits / shock jocks. Tacking from behind was mandatory for a slow, ball  playing, centre half with no pace.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fudge27 said:

You do realise people pick careers such as these for the job and it's role, not the money. 

There is more to life then money, but emergency services in general are all under valued imo 

Then don't complain about the pay then. Lets hope that when this has calmed down that the general public start to value other key workers that have kept the country going during this time such as bin men/women, the armed forces, post men/women, transport workers, retail workers etc. Many are paid on low wages but have to put up with so much **** from a customer base that take them for granted and look down their entitled noses at them with their snotty comments.

6 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Used to love playing at Graves park, especially in a cold February Sunday morning, with my belly still half full of bad beer. 
Id love to have faced some of these so called pundits / shock jocks. Tacking from behind was mandatory for a slow, ball  playing, centre half with no pace.

Did you ever play on that pitch where you kicked uphill both halfs? I think they eventually reconfigured the pitches to remove this.

3 minutes ago, Lombado said:

Did you ever play on that pitch where you kicked uphill both halfs? I think they eventually reconfigured the pitches to remove this.

I played on most pitches there mate, I don’t think any of them were flat.

I found it uphill wherever I played, even on that all weather pitch at Abbeydale. Nothing to do with my fitness levels of course...

:duntmatter:

• Haha 1

On 24/04/2020 at 11:15, Ronnie Starling said:

Then don't complain about the pay then. Lets hope that when this has calmed down that the general public start to value other key workers that have kept the country going during this time such as bin men/women, the armed forces, post men/women, transport workers, retail workers etc. Many are paid on low wages but have to put up with so much **** from a customer base that take them for granted and look down their entitled noses at them with their snotty comments.

Some people do the job because they like to care for people and are good at it. Just because they choose this as a career path doesn't mean they shouldn't have the right to campaign for better pay. 

Many governments have undervalued the work of the NHS but are now realising just how important they are. 

Of course other key workers performing a service also deserve to be recognised and not taken for granted, nobody should look down or belittle the people in the jobs you mention, the fact that happens says more about the people making such comments.