'Our Lowest Ebb' - New Book on the Owls in the mid-70s - Out Next Week

December 24th 1973 will always stick in my memory...

Maybe not the catalyst that started the spiral but it was definitely a step in the wrong direction...

Glad that Derek had a successful career with the Blades...  I, for one, never considered him a turncoat or traitor... RIP Derek..

• Like 1

Ordered!

thats when I started going and began my continuous season ticket run.

we were garbage in the pitch, got soaking wet on the Kop off it......and home and away it was a right laugh.

I feel sorry for the younger ones and the sanitised, but more skilful (yes even now), experience of watching Wednesday today.

• Like 2

Genuinely humbled by the interest this week. The book is showing as #1 in Amazon's 'hot new releases' chart for football clubs!! 

Amazon have it from 29th May. I still have a few copies left for pre-order which I can post next week. I'll happily sign or dedicate those also. 

Cheers and UTO

John

EWZO4dZX0AEk3Lj.jpeg

• Like 1

Pre-orders from me and from Vertical both packaged up and sent out yesterday, should be arriving in the next few days. I got some much needed exercise carting boxes of books about, signing/dedicating them and packaging them up again! Thirsty work as they say...

I have a handful left at: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com/ if anyone still would like an early copy. It's with Amazon, Waterstones etc at the end of May. 

I'm very grateful for all the interest in the book, I hope that anyone who reads it enjoys it as much as I have writing and researching it. 

UTO!

John

1 hour ago, nuneatonowl1 said:

John / Bearwood. I’m going to order one vis your link but I definitely want it signing with the message to John & Danielle.  Do I  put this message request in the notes at the end of the order or where ? 

Yes please John - just put it in the notes, I'll recognise your name anyhow and will look out for it :)

28 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Got it! I'll put it in the post tomorrow 🙂

Brilliant. Can’t wait to read it and pass it onto my daughter so she has a keepsake legacy of my formative years as an Owl 

• Like 1

All the pre-orders and early orders are on their way. I believe that the first few have started dropping through letterboxes today. 

I'd love to hear what people think of it :) *

*Unless you think it's terrible, in which case I'll be all sad and that - so please don't tell me :) 

1 minute ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

All the pre-orders and early orders are on their way. I believe that the first few have started dropping through letterboxes today. 

I'd love to hear what people think of it :) *

*Unless you think it's terrible, in which case I'll be all sad and that - so please don't tell me :) 

My postman will undoubtedly not deliver it properly so I reckon I'll be waiting a few days/weeks

lol

Owlstalk Shop