'Our Lowest Ebb' - New Book on the Owls in the mid-70s - Out Next Week

I may have  mentioned before that I have a book coming out...Here's a fancy new flyer for it..

The book is available to pre-order either from Vertical Editions, or directly from me at: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com Either way, they'll be posted out next week. Amazon, Waterstones and other online bookshops will have it from the end of May. The megastore will have copies whenever the world returns to normal.

Hopefully it'll be interesting/ educational/ nostalgic depending on your point of view! 

cheers and UTO

John

EWOlM0aXQAIIG2m.jpeg

• Like 1

Here’s the first of what will no doubt be many daft questions. Will it be available for kindle? Asking for selfish reasons as I’m currently abroad with no fixed abode. Would love to read it but unlikely to be able to get a hard copy?

Guest Bulgaria
22 minutes ago, Rogers said:

Will there be a sequel from 1995 to present day? 

Titled..

The even lower ebb.

3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Here’s the first of what will no doubt be many daft questions. Will it be available for kindle? Asking for selfish reasons as I’m currently abroad with no fixed abode. Would love to read it but unlikely to be able to get a hard copy?

Cheers Plonk,

Yes it will be available on Kindle. It'll be a month or so after Amazon get the hard copy - so late June/ early July I think. 

8 minutes ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Cheers Plonk,

Yes it will be available on Kindle. It'll be a month or so after Amazon get the hard copy - so late June/ early July I think. 

Cheers thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sage owl said:

Ordered looking forward to reading this. 

It'll be just like taking the scab of an old wound .😆

1 hour ago, ffs owl said:

Just ordered, cant wait for this , this is when wednesday really were loud and proud , wouldn’t have missed those times for anything 

Thanks both, I really appreciate it. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did researching and writing it :)

And next year there will be a follow up book charting the first 6 years under the current ownership called the 'even lower lower eb' charting our fall from 90 minutes from the Premier league to relegation certainty (if not relegated by next year - lets hope not), the transfer embargos we have been placed under, the massive amount of money wasted for the club to go backwards, the players that have spent season start in the stands on silly wages, the farcical handling of what should have been a massive celebration of the 150th anniversary of our once great club, the selling of our home of over 100 years to pay for the losses made and the alienation of the fan base because of the prices driving away lifelong owls.

It wont make for great ready but there will be so much material to show just how bad thinks currently are. But one bright point we have a new pitch and a colour scoreboard.

In all seriousness good luck with the book, anything about the Owls from the past good or bad normally make good reading and we have had a chequered past from the betting scandal's of the 60's to the disaster in the 89, but the cup runs and wins, the Euro 96, the players that grace the pitch, the boxing day massacre. It just wouldn't be us Owls without a fair dose of bad for the good. 

14 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I may have  mentioned before that I have a book coming out...Here's a fancy new flyer for it..

The book is available to pre-order either from Vertical Editions, or directly from me at: https://ourlowestebb.bigcartel.com Either way, they'll be posted out next week. Amazon, Waterstones and other online bookshops will have it from the end of May. The megastore will have copies whenever the world returns to normal.

Hopefully it'll be interesting/ educational/ nostalgic depending on your point of view! 

cheers and UTO

John

EWOlM0aXQAIIG2m.jpeg

I’ve just placed an order. How do I go about getting it signed please?

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, room0035 said:

In all seriousness good luck with the book, anything about the Owls from the past good or bad normally make good reading and we have had a chequered past from the betting scandal's of the 60's to the disaster in the 89, but the cup runs and wins, the Euro 96, the players that grace the pitch, the boxing day massacre. It just wouldn't be us Owls without a fair dose of bad for the good. 

Thank you - it's that paragraph that does it. Someone said to me that I've picked the most 'Wednesday' topic imaginable - there's something in that 🙂