Wolves fan attacked on the South Stand

6 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

If you're stupid enough to go on the home end and then celebrate when you score. You must have an inkling that the home fans may get a tad upset.

Happens in other sports all the time, rugby is a prime example of mixed fans in a lot of areas. It says more about the football fan than anything else. A good number of them have an agenda before they even get to the game.

3 hours ago, Gargoyle said:

If memory serves the fighting was between two different ethnic groups, Pakistanis and Afghanis and nothing to do with the cricket, it was more xenophobia hatred rather than a who supports who problem.

Perhaps , violence is the same regardless of the reason isn’t it ? 

58 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

We were at the Pakistan / Afghanistan World Cup game at Headingley and it's a few years since I've seen as much fighting at a sport event, let alone cricket, than on that day. There was literally an entire block on the Western Terrace at it. No mention of the scuffling on telly highlights that night though.

Also, if anyone has been to the World Darts at Blackpool, you'll know the violent behaviour that goes on there, too. Tables, chairs and bodies flying about around you.

Sometimes, for some people, the actual sport is a diversion and the real event is the punch up.

Didn’t realise there was any trouble at the darts it always looks a great atmosphere and a good laugh !! 

In no way condoning those pictures but There were a lot of wolves fans very much up for trouble at hillsboro that day.

I’ve rarely drank in and around the ground on match days but remember being around Hillsborough/ wadsley bridge that day and there were lots of wolves lads - some not even in large groups who were looking for trouble.

Saw one lad on his own with arms outstretched singing wolves songs just walking through crowds of Wednesday fans pushing them

out of way and eventually someone lost their rag and swung for him.

not excusing it but there were a lot of wolves lads acting the div that day and if you do that anywhere you’re asking for a certain type of person to take a dislike to it. 

Guest Bulgaria
9 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

A good number of them have an agenda before they even get to the game.

Indeed.

And quite rightly end up with a bloody nose.

I've been in numerous home ends and have never had an issue... Why?

Cause I kept me gob shut.

Doubt he will be doing that again.

I remember the same happening on the last day of the 2002/2003 season when Ian Holloway brought QPR to Hillsborough and they won 3-1 to seal promotion to the Championship.

QPR brought about 7000 that day top and bottom of Lep as well as the corner, think it was Kevin Gallen who scored early on and there was about 5 QPR fans a few rows above me who all jumped up and celebrated. 

It was a like a steam train from top of North as a few took a disliking ran down and gave them a ‘Seeing Too’ bust noses galore.

Was only a young lad at the time about 7 I think  and I remember it upsetting me quite a bit. 

14 hours ago, Gargoyle said:

No it's not OK, the point I was trying to make was it wasn't because they supported opposing teams but something a bit more deep seated than that. 

Same thing happens out in the streets between these two groups, it's nothing to do with cricket.

So you could say trouble between Rangers & Celtic fans is nothing to do with football but everything to do with religion?

A few years ago we watched a match at the Olympic Stadium in Berlin, huge crowd, I'm sure there was over 70,000 and the fans of both teams basically sat all in the same stands. They even had a guy walking around while the match played with a beer barrel on his back serving fans while they watched the match.

I seem to remember it was 4-2 and we didn't see any trouble - thats how football should be!

We've done this subject loads of times on here. At football, if you act up in front of the other team's fans or enter their part of the ground, there's a very good chance you'll get a slap. Everyone knows that. Whether that's right or wrong is irrelevant, it's  part of the game and has been for 50 years. 

24 minutes ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

You're right the chances are that you will. In this day and age it's a stupid thing to do. Disagree that it's irrelevant though.

The thuggery cannot be condoned IMO and that is not meant to take anything away from the Wolves fan's idiocy.

I'm not condoning it mate and as you say it's stupid in this day and age but in the heat of the moment, you don't think about cctv and camera phones (I would imagine) 

24 minutes ago, ruusowl said:

Was our fan banned from Hillsborough after this?

I'd hope so.

I recognise the guy on the right of the photo , been in trouble before and since but not sure he was banned for this incident tbh, it's the first time I've seen these images , I know Neil nicked them of footy away days on twitter !