@owlstalk

Wolves fan attacked on the South Stand

I just don't get it he is in the wrong end eject him, you don't need to beat him into a bloody mess.

You don't see this in any other sport, at a cricket match you sit with the other side they don't use you as a punching bag. 

Look its 18 years ago I would like to think this sort of thing won't happen now.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

No. But predictable. 

Absolutely,  the bloke should not have been there but it's a game of football when all's said and done.

Sharing terraces used to be commonplace without incident back in my youth; way,way back. Banter used to be banter.... now people routinely talk of hate.... barmy IMO.

Edited by Dagmeister's Shadow

1 hour ago, lanzaroteowl said:

If you're stupid enough to go on the home end and then celebrate when you score. You must have an inkling that the home fans may get a tad upset.

Exactly 

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I just don't get it he is in the wrong end eject him, you don't need to beat him into a bloody mess.

You don't see this in any other sport, at a cricket match you sit with the other side they don't use you as a punching bag. 

Look its 18 years ago I would like to think this sort of thing won't happen now.

You not see fighting at Headingley last season then ? . It does happen thankfully very rarely 

Think that was the 2-2. If it was, Wolves fans had part of North Stand and there was loads of bother. What were they thinking? 

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Rugby league has had plenty.

Boxing you can take your life in your hands.

Edited by lanzaroteowl

1 hour ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You not see fighting at Headingley last season then ? . It does happen thankfully very rarely 

If memory serves the fighting was between two different ethnic groups, Pakistanis and Afghanis and nothing to do with the cricket, it was more xenophobia hatred rather than a who supports who problem.

4 minutes ago, Gargoyle said:

If memory serves the fighting was between two different ethnic groups, Pakistanis and Afghanis and nothing to do with the cricket, it was more xenophobia hatred rather than a who supports who problem.

That's OK then.

If your different ethnic groups it fine.

But if your opposing fans it's frowned on?

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

That's OK then.

If your different ethnic groups it fine.

But if your opposing fans it's frowned on?

No it's not OK, the point I was trying to make was it wasn't because they supported opposing teams but something a bit more deep seated than that. 

Same thing happens out in the streets between these two groups, it's nothing to do with cricket.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, sheffwed1 said:

Good on the bloke that did it. 
You play with feathers you get your arse tickled 

A7582329-EB77-4CA9-A9A1-D7BEFA357A48.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, vontemp said:

It was on the South, not the Kop

That's how I remembered it. I was in the grandstand and it was directly below. 

22 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

That's how I remembered it. I was in the grandstand and it was directly below. 

Yes it was the OCS.

Old [email protected] on South

• Haha 9

4 hours ago, lanzaroteowl said:

If you're stupid enough to go on the home end and then celebrate when you score. You must have an inkling that the home fans may get a tad upset.

Exactly been on many home ends and celebrated and had a slap and kept quiet and had to bite my lip

11 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Exactly been on many home ends and celebrated and had a slap and kept quiet and had to bite my lip

Been on many in pre history, always with the reaction I expected.

TBH you should be able to sit where you want. However in the real world we all know you can't. Done it myself plenty of times when we couldn't get tickets and sometimes you got sussed out and lead to some difficulties, but usually if you keep your head down you are ok. The guy was a clown for celebrating, but the world is full of stupid people..

Doesn't deserve that for just cheering in the home end.

For stealing our 'Hi-Ho" pre-game song though...

2 minutes ago, poite said:

Doesn't deserve that for just cheering in the home end.

For stealing our 'Hi-Ho" pre-game song though...

Irony of the Millennium...

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yep-worst he would get is pelted with Werthers on the South.