Wolves fan attacked on the South Stand

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I just don't get it he is in the wrong end eject him, you don't need to beat him into a bloody mess.

You don't see this in any other sport, at a cricket match you sit with the other side they don't use you as a punching bag. 

Look its 18 years ago I would like to think this sort of thing won't happen now.

You not see fighting at Headingley last season then ? . It does happen thankfully very rarely 

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I just don't get it he is in the wrong end eject him, you don't need to beat him into a bloody mess.

You don't see this in any other sport, at a cricket match you sit with the other side they don't use you as a punching bag. 

Look its 18 years ago I would like to think this sort of thing won't happen now.

Rugby league has had plenty.

Boxing you can take your life in your hands.

Edited by lanzaroteowl

4 minutes ago, Gargoyle said:

If memory serves the fighting was between two different ethnic groups, Pakistanis and Afghanis and nothing to do with the cricket, it was more xenophobia hatred rather than a who supports who problem.

That's OK then.

If your different ethnic groups it fine.

But if your opposing fans it's frowned on?

• Haha 4

TBH you should be able to sit where you want. However in the real world we all know you can't. Done it myself plenty of times when we couldn't get tickets and sometimes you got sussed out and lead to some difficulties, but usually if you keep your head down you are ok. The guy was a clown for celebrating, but the world is full of stupid people..

4 hours ago, room0035 said:

Yep-worst he would get is pelted with Werthers on the South.

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

1B9DB1A7-7F4E-4543-8ACA-6BC6380BE818.jpeg

A22B3000-B14A-4354-96C2-7513E67F7F2F.jpeg

9C97D0B8-1D7F-420E-919F-C7FE02E16F58.jpeg

D6BE744D-DBA6-4A1A-B5E5-B62458B49E09.jpeg

ON THIS DAY 2002: A Wolves fan attacked after celebrating in the home end after Wolves scored in the first minute at Sheffield Wednesday

By no means am I condoning that thuggery but FFS, everyone knows that if you go on an away end you sit on your hands. 

4 hours ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

You not see fighting at Headingley last season then ? . It does happen thankfully very rarely 

We were at the Pakistan / Afghanistan World Cup game at Headingley and it's a few years since I've seen as much fighting at a sport event, let alone cricket, than on that day. There was literally an entire block on the Western Terrace at it. No mention of the scuffling on telly highlights that night though.

Also, if anyone has been to the World Darts at Blackpool, you'll know the violent behaviour that goes on there, too. Tables, chairs and bodies flying about around you.

Sometimes, for some people, the actual sport is a diversion and the real event is the punch up.

Edited by Musn't Grumble
spelling errors