September

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

I'm saying their employment contracts and status is different.  I don't sign a 3 year contract with my work.  I don't get put out to pasture at 35, never to work again.

I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I don't know what the answer is for the football industry.  I'm saying it's different.  

Why haven't football clubs just furloughed all the players if it's that easy?

I'm not an expert on this, re contracts but how's it different to other industries which do have fixed term employment contracts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52203132

Sunderland and Crewe have done it so doesn't that mean the rest can?

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I'm not an expert on this, re contracts but how's it different to other industries which do have fixed term employment contracts.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52203132

Sunderland and Crewe have done it so doesn't that mean the rest can?

I don't know, I hadn't seen that if I'm honest.  But I'd be surprised if it were that simple that every other club wouldn't be doing the same.  Perhaps they've only done it with players earning less (or around) the £2500 figure.

Just not bothered...

Guest LondonOwl313
7 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I don't know, I hadn't seen that if I'm honest.  But I'd be surprised if it were that simple that every other club wouldn't be doing the same.  Perhaps they've only done it with players earning less (or around) the £2500 figure.

Tbh Matti, the more I think about it the more I think that financially they really are no different to any other industry. If they sign a contract, they can probably give notice to leave that contract early. They aren't forced to stay for the duration. Happened with Helan here a few years ago. Helan would be free to take up another job before the SWFC contract he signed had expired.

The crucial bit is the registrations. The club hold the registration until the end of the agreed contract. That means in practice no club would sign a player who's resigned from his club because they're barred from playing. I think the reason they probably haven't been furloughed is because it breaks the contract and means that they're free to sign anywhere else

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Tbh Matti, the more I think about it the more I think that financially they really are no different to any other industry. If they sign a contract, they can probably give notice to leave that contract early. They aren't forced to stay for the duration. Happened with Helan here a few years ago. Helan would be free to take up another job before the SWFC contract he signed had expired.

The crucial bit is the registrations. The club hold the registration until the end of the agreed contract. That means in practice no club would sign a player who's resigned from his club because they're barred from playing. I think the reason they probably haven't been furloughed is because it breaks the contract and means that they're free to sign anywhere else

It has to be mutually agreed though.  They don't have a notice period like you and I.  If that were the case we wouldn't have carried Abdi for 3 years.

With Helan there would have been an agreement that if we let him go he wouldn't be allowed to play for anyone else for the period of what his contract would have been.  It might have been that we held his registration until the end of the contract.

Just not bothered...