September

Not quite right.

The government have said no football/ large gatherings till Sept.

The Dutch FA are now looking like they will void the season entirely as the top two are so close.

Belgium has also ended this season. 

Scotland looks likely to follow as Uefa were threating sanctions on countries who abandoned the current season but have had a change of heart over this.

Edited by mildatheart67

13 minutes ago, northeastowl said:

Still of the mindset that season will be scrapped and start again a fresh next season behind closed doors.

That's all going to depend if there's a second deadly COVID-19 outbreak round about september onwards.I would like to think that we might get the football up and running again in the 2020/2021 season be it behind closed doors but somehow i very much doubt it.

Guest LondonOwl313

I can’t see how it will work even behind closed doors because think about how many people are involved at a football club. All the players, management and backroom staff must be like 50 people. If any one of them gets the virus then everyone else they’ve been in contact with has to self isolate for 7-14 days. So think how many times it will happen where that’s the case during a whole season across all of the leagues. There will be loads of games having to be postponed because of it

9 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

Just heard on the news that vaccines will be starting this week,but not in full force until September,and in the new year,so not much chance of football now for a long time.your views please.

If you've heard any news it's either fake (use your common sense, or this site - https://fullfact.org/ to filter out fake news) or a misquote. There are vaccine tests going on at the moment, and Affimer reagents being produced for antigems, but's that's about it.

Testing on one vaccine due to start this week but we'll be bloody lucky if anything is available in September and even then it will still take time to ramp up production to get to effective levels of cover.

I know it not the point of the thread. 

But with everything going on and the impact all this is having on my (and everyone else's) life, football is one of the last things on my mind tbh. 

Appreciate it's a massive part of some people's lives but I don't really care if there's no football for a bit longer 

• Thanks 1

Dont want to wee wee on anyones chips, but I recall some science bod at the weekend giving some perspective saying that there is currently no vaccine for any of the other coronaviruses, so not holding my breath for an accelerated vaccine for covid 19 (but hope unprecedented funding and worldwide interest is different for this one). Treatment perhaps more realistic in the short term, already trialling plasma treatment. 

With regard to football, mass gatherings likely to be the last to be given the green light, so unfortunately think we'll be waiting until the end of the year for any sort of resumption at best.

Even if the government do lift restrictions allowing gatherings (football, cinema, etc),I won’t be putting myself or my family at risk by attending anything of this sort until a vaccine is found. It’s not worth the risk

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I must admit that like a lot of people, I assume, I was quite slow to realise the seriousness of this situation.

Then the dawning came quite quickly.

I had tickets, as a Christmas present, for a gig at the Roundhouse in London. The weekend before it, my wife, who has asthma, and therefore at risk of worse symptoms if infected, decided she wouldn't go as it seemed to risky.

She said I should go as it was a present and I had been looking forward to it.

A little later in the week we had a rather difficult conversation which put me in a rather difficult position where she effectively said she didn't want me to go but she didn't want me not to go as it would make her feel guilty.

I was of the opinion that as I was spending 3 hours a day on public transport, going would not significantly change my chances of catching it.

I said that if going was a bad idea that perhaps I should start working from home. She didn't seem to like that idea.

The day of the gig came and she effectively told me I should go.

We spoke again during the day and together we decided that I would not go. The following day we agreed I should talk to work about working from home.

I went in on the Monday and spoke to my boss, who was in complete agreement, and expressed surprise that the company had not given a directive.

By the end of the day, the company advised everybody to work from home. The following weekend, the government announced the lock down.

I can't envisage when I will be comfortable travelling on the tube again.

29 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I must admit that like a lot of people, I assume, I was quite slow to realise the seriousness of this situation.

Then the dawning came quite quickly.

I had tickets, as a Christmas present, for a gig at the Roundhouse in London. The weekend before it, my wife, who has asthma, and therefore at risk of worse symptoms if infected, decided she wouldn't go as it seemed to risky.

She said I should go as it was a present and I had been looking forward to it.

A little later in the week we had a rather difficult conversation which put me in a rather difficult position where she effectively said she didn't want me to go but she didn't want me not to go as it would make her feel guilty.

I was of the opinion that as I was spending 3 hours a day on public transport, going would not significantly change my chances of catching it.

I said that if going was a bad idea that perhaps I should start working from home. She didn't seem to like that idea.

The day of the gig came and she effectively told me I should go.

We spoke again during the day and together we decided that I would not go. The following day we agreed I should talk to work about working from home.

I went in on the Monday and spoke to my boss, who was in complete agreement, and expressed surprise that the company had not given a directive.

By the end of the day, the company advised everybody to work from home. The following weekend, the government announced the lock down.

I can't envisage when I will be comfortable travelling on the tube again.

Same 

Its going to be 18 months to 2 years until we’re completely out of the woods imo

• Haha 1

The thing people seem to be forgetting is that even behind closed doors games pose a large risk with regards COVID.  You're looking at teams moving up and down the country.  The moment one player or member of staff comes down with it (and they will) that will mean the whole squad is out of action for 2 weeks, along with potentially the teams they've played in the last 7-14 days. It really won't take much to start to have massive knock on effects on the league again.

Just not bothered...