@owlstalk

If we moved to a new ground..

4 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

Sick of people saying "upgrade to the 2018 WC plans".

Yes they were an improvement on what we have now but pretty pants in all honesty. The Kop concourse was still outside!

I think that would be a great basis to start but improve on them again as they’re over 10 years old now anyway 

16 minutes ago, Grez Bez said:

Sick of people saying "upgrade to the 2018 WC plans".

Yes they were an improvement on what we have now but pretty pants in all honesty. The Kop concourse was still outside!

I didnt realise the kop concourse was still outside.

But those plans were good enough to bring the world cup to Hillsborough if england had been selected so perhaps not too shabby

5 hours ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

and Arsenal stopped winning titles as soon as they moved.

I'm not sure that the stadium move was the reason that they stopped winning titles. And although they haven't won the Premier League since then, it's not like they haven't added a few trophies to the cabinet.

We need to move from Hillsborough,whenever you put it in google all you get is the stadium disaster,about 50 odd pages,or change the name to Owlerton,as all the old uns have always called it.

No way in hell this happens any time in the foreseeable future.

If anything, we're going to see teams go bust.  No one's going to be building a debt-laden, mortgaged new ground.  

19 hours ago, westy365owl said:

Because it would be the first time a club has moved outside the city boundaries 

Since the Wimbledon debacle.  The rules have been changed and clubs are no longer allowed to move out of the borough in which they are based.   Which means we are unable to leave Sheffield. 

What about Coventry?

11 hours ago, punkskaphil said:

I'm not sure that the stadium move was the reason that they stopped winning titles. And although they haven't won the Premier League since then, it's not like they haven't added a few trophies to the cabinet.

It’s not the only reason, but previous to that they were one of the top 3 clubs in England and challenging for the title year after year. Even Wenger said the move would hold them back for a while due to fact you can’t spend money twice. 

Yes, I would love to win the cups they have at the Emirates, but we aren’t Arsenal. 

13 hours ago, soldierboyblue said:

I’m not disagreeing but if you live on the manor how can you have a planning objection to something that’s happening in Hillsborough?

Ya know that thing called Morals,where ya think that an open space/park being built on is just not right,i object,i would if it were Norfolk park,Graves park,Concord park,High hazels park,Handsworth rec,its just not right,ya feel me ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

What about Coventry?

i AINT TRAVELLING TO COVENTRY TO WATCH US AT HOME !!

Chill i'm jokin obviously.

Edited by BARMYARMY2010
  • Haha 1

On 23/04/2020 at 10:07, torryowl said:

That's down to the fans not the stadium ....the brighton game the place was absolutely  rocking  .

100% just like all the soulless new stadiums people refer to. New stadiums don't have to be soulless and it couldn't be any worse that Hillsborough. 

Are you saying that the atmosphere against Brighton would have been rubbish in a new stadium? 

8 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

What about Coventry?

They have a temporary dispensation.  Not sure how long for, but they have move to a stadium in Coventry.

• Thanks 1

On 23/04/2020 at 19:54, roaminowl said:

Why, what happened then?

Jimmy Case unleashed a pile driver of a free kick that crashed in off the underside of the bar. Clock end. Nobody closed him down in time. FA Cup Semi Final 1983, 
so strange to see gardens and hedges occupying that spot now...