If we moved to a new ground..

A new stadium would want to be close to the M1, near Meadowhall (puts tin hat on) lots of redevelopment going on down there with good access links.

The New York stadium and Bramall Lane have good corporate suites and function rooms making money from a host of non football events such as property auctions and networking events to name a few with the reason being modern facilities and centrally based.

Hillsborough offers outdated facilities and is 4 miles out of town towards the sticks.

The right sort venue down near Meadowhall could also take business from the arena.

Edited by Mac_77

22 minutes ago, Mac_77 said:

A new stadium would want to be close to the M1, near Meadowhall (puts tin hat on) lots of redevelopment going on down there with good access links.

The New York stadium and Bramall Lane have good corporate suites and function rooms making money from a host of non football events such as property auctions and networking events to name a few with the reason being modern facilities and centrally based.

Hillsborough offers outdated facilities and is 4 miles out of town towards the sticks.

The right sort venue down near Meadowhall could also take business from the arena.

Meadowhell is further from town than hillsborough.....and where are you going for a pint before and after match? 

Guest Grez Bez

I post this a lot but it would be terrible if located out of Sheffield (Meadowhall)

Neepsend is the best area for me. Near Hillsborough, near Kelham Island, closer to the city, next to a train line, near the tram.

1658844003_NeepsendRoad.png.13a1430574f87d0c659082a9361c56da.png

1 hour ago, Grez Bez said:

I post this a lot but it would be terrible if located out of Sheffield (Meadowhall)

Neepsend is the best area for me. Near Hillsborough, near Kelham Island, closer to the city, next to a train line, near the tram.

1658844003_NeepsendRoad.png.13a1430574f87d0c659082a9361c56da.png

To far from Rotherham.  The site of the old pit at Silverwood would be ideal. 

Hillsborough at the moment is just a money pit .The ground makes very little revenue from events other than matches and the running costs are expensive, also why does everyone expect that if we were to move it would be a bowl that was built? If we employed a decent architect I'm sure we could come up with something a little different also as people have said Hillsborough is great if you live in the area but can be akward to get to if not at the parking around the ground is awful and getting worse when the new supermarket is opened,  meadowhall would be an option to move to for the transport links and would allow the club to build facilities around the ground aswell such as a bar for the fans and proper club shop and ticket office and different spaces which could be hired out to people like astroturf pitches and the bar on non matchdays plus a hotel for corporate events. Or you move somewhere like where there building the gulliver's kingdom park as you would still get the transport links for m1 and there is still a lot of land in the area that can be built on and it would also have bars and pubs in the area that people could use pre match 

11 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

Hillsborough at the moment is just a money pit .The ground makes very little revenue from events other than matches and the running costs are expensive, also why does everyone expect that if we were to move it would be a bowl that was built? If we employed a decent architect I'm sure we could come up with something a little different also as people have said Hillsborough is great if you live in the area but can be akward to get to if not at the parking around the ground is awful and getting worse when the new supermarket is opened,  meadowhall would be an option to move to for the transport links and would allow the club to build facilities around the ground aswell such as a bar for the fans and proper club shop and ticket office and different spaces which could be hired out to people like astroturf pitches and the bar on non matchdays plus a hotel for corporate events. Or you move somewhere like where there building the gulliver's kingdom park as you would still get the transport links for m1 and there is still a lot of land in the area that can be built on and it would also have bars and pubs in the area that people could use pre match 

Please feel free to back up your statement with some  numbers.   Been asking for this for years.   Perhaps you'll be the first.

3 hours ago, torryowl said:

That's down to the fans not the stadium ....the brighton game the place was absolutely  rocking  .

I think the problem is not so much with the fans that go but the fact that Hillsborough was designed for gates of at least 30k its just too big a ground for 23k, there is and only will be one solution.... we need Premier League Football

Just now, westy365owl said:

In what regards?

That the ground is a money pit.  Feel free to compare and contrast the running costs with more modern stadia. Facts only, not really interested in unsubstantiated opinions. 

Just now, Sham67 said:

That the ground is a money pit.  Feel free to compare and contrast the running costs with more modern stadia. Facts only, not really interested in unsubstantiated opinions. 

Just common sense is needed in regards running cost but to appease you try and find you the numbers

3 hours ago, Dagmeister's Shadow said:

I think it's both personally. Many grounds feel more enclosed and tight to the pitch helping the fans create an intimidating atmosphere for the opposition. 

I think it's always been harder at Hillsborough due to size and relative openness. It can be done... Brighton, and especially Kaiserslautern but it seems harder to achieve than at some grounds.

Filling in the corners would help immensely.

22 minutes ago, westy365owl said:

A bit like Reading do you mean?

Just now, westy365owl said:

Which bit ?

The soulless monstrosity of a football stadium that’s located miles away from the town on an industrial estate next to a motorway that the football fans of Reading don’t see as part of the community and have turned their collective backs on ........ that bit!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

The soulless monstrosity of a football stadium that’s located miles away from the town on an industrial estate next to a motorway that the football fans of Reading don’t see as part of the community and have turned their collective backs on ........ that bit!

Hence me saying another option would be up near the gulliver's kingdom near rotherham valley 

• Haha 2

On 21/04/2020 at 21:28, Pulsar said:

I don't think the South stand is a listed building like Arsenal's was but apart from that yeah.

WTF:

Actually you maybe wrong here, Archibald Leach is world famous in terms of his much vaunted gables. Under redevelopment the gable was spared for a lot more than pure novelty !