Wages deferral

Guest Grandad

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

I'd be interested in hearing what a neutral person see's 

I don't think they'd be able to tell any difference between 'our lot' and 'any other lot'

There’s merit in that, as Mrs Tibbs regularly tells me all footballers are the same and just in it for the themselves = the money.

I can see where she comes from, when we constantly hear about their excessive wages for doing something they love. 

9 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

There’s merit in that, as Mrs Tibbs regularly tells me all footballers are the same and just in it for the themselves = the money.

I can see where she comes from, when we constantly hear about their excessive wages for doing something they love. 

Surely that's been around since agents were allowed in football?

Owlstalk Shop

4 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I see people on social media really praising Sheff U players for deferring their wages and bonuses (And knocking our players as well).

But I dont think this is that much of a sacrifice by Sheff U players, still as far as I can see getting full wages just have to wait a few months for part of it. 

Spot on post. 

People making out that millionaires are absolute heroes for deferring wages which they will still get paid. 

They want to try being on £8.57 an hour, being furlugh'd and having their wage cut by 20%. 

Morons 

• Like 3

Just now, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Maybe this crisis could take us back to basics. 
Nowt wrong with away days at Wrexham or Swindon. Especially when we win.

100%

The higher a club gets in the league the less enjoyable it seems to get, with people less and less impressed with the results/what they're watching

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

who knows and in truth why should we know …..what  the arrangement of wages is you'd think is  a private matter between club and player …..

I agree it should be, so why do figures get so widely publicised. It’s obscene, and the fact that so many of our high earners salaries were put in the public domain made music to the ears of the vultures, sorry, hard working agents and players looking for a final payday.

14 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

I agree it should be, so why do figures get so widely publicised. It’s obscene, and the fact that so many of our high earners salaries were put in the public domain made music to the ears of the vultures, sorry, hard working agents and players looking for a final payday.

.ive never read of a player coming out saying what there wage is  or a manager saying what a certain player earns …….ive seen wild  conjecture that Rhodes is on 30 -40 -50 grand a week but never anything coming officially from the club …...

5 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

With our lot I see a group of players who have very little pride in what they’re doing and as long as they get paid couldn’t care less.

Genuine question here, and I know you aren't alone in that opinion but did you think that prior to say boxing day? When we were third and in a pretty decent run of form. 

2 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Maybe this crisis could take us back to basics. 
Nowt wrong with away days at Wrexham or Swindon. Especially when we win.

have always said i'd rather see us win away at Walsall than watch us lose at the emirates ….

15 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I see people on social media really praising Sheff U players for deferring their wages and bonuses (And knocking our players as well).

But I dont think this is that much of a sacrifice by Sheff U players, still as far as I can see getting full wages just have to wait a few months for part of it. 

Exactly. Deferral of wages isn't really a sacrifice (unless you live payday to payday which I can't imagine many Premier League footballers do). I've had to take a pay cut (temporarily, hopefully) - players would get a lot more goodwill if they did similar.

Guest The Horse
15 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I genuinely believe most people on social media are thick as mince and don't actually understand what the word 'deferral' means.

They probably reckon it means that the blunts players have decided they are going without wages completely.

The type of people who get stuck reading three syllable words because it's not text speak and make a word up in their head that sounds similar.

This is not some altruistic move by their players. They still want their full wages. As is their right.

But it's merely kicking the payments sometime down the line in the future and is actually symptomatic of big problems at the pink pig sty - probably because they've already spent in advance the TV money that is now looking like being withdrawn, Prince Charmin has nowhere near the money on his own to fund a PL club and they're shaking like a pooing dog about it.

8 hours ago, torryowl said:

have always said i'd rather see us win away at Walsall than watch us lose at the emirates ….

That's your prerogative mate but we are one of the few clubs in the land to have the fan base, the history and the ambition to play at the highest level achievable in this country.

I want my Grandkids to see the very best players in the world playing regularly at Hillsborough and our team challenging for silverware & European football every season.

With all due respect to the likes of Walsall, Swindon & Wrexham our respective ambitions aren't and shouldn't ever be mentioned in the same sentence.

I've seen us win away at Walsall, Swindon & Wrexham, I've also seen us win away at Liverpool, Chelsea & Man Utd, I know which I prefer!

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Genuine question here, and I know you aren't alone in that opinion but did you think that prior to say boxing day? When we were third and in a pretty decent run of form. 

Well no but somebody’s actions determine other people’s opinion of them and in order maintain a promotion push you have to have certain qualities that I think most players at the club lack.

Since Boxing Day I have seen numerous displays to lead me to the conclusion that this group of players not only lack character but also show a distinct lack of pride in what they are doing.

Not least the 5-0 defeat to Blackburn, 3-0 defeat to Reading, 3-1 defeat to Derby, 5-0 defeat to Brentford and absolutely awful displays and defeats at Wigan and Luton.

Just my opinion and how I see it, in the last 20 years where we have been absolutely awful only a handful of times have I heard the fans singing “you’re not fit to wear that shirt” and I’ve heard it at least 3 times this season.