Wages deferral

Guest Grandad

9 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Most of the players have been stealing a wage for a few years now. 

Why change the habit of a lifetime. 

They are not interested in the club or its fans, just the bank balance at the end of the month. 

The reaction of the players to Fletch's injury time winner against Charlton in February would suggest otherwise.

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

If you're infering you do then say that then there's something to debate

What on earth are you going on about?

I'm not inferring anything - I was asking if anybody else had heard anything

Just now, helmut_rooster said:

Well this thread went to shìt fast :ghoulguy:

lol

Amazing isn't it

Someone starts a thread and it gets immediately jumped on by someone else who wants only pure exact definitive fact.

On a discussion forum

Where opinions and rumours and thoughts are posted 

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, Marro said:

I can’t see many of the players who will soon be out of contract agreeing to a wage deferral / pay cut unless (1) they have a conscience or (2) want to try and negotiate a new contract!

Good point

It goes beyond just financial reasons as you point out

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Grandad
9 minutes ago, Marro said:

I can’t see many of the players who will soon be out of contract agreeing to a wage deferral / pay cut unless (1) they have a conscience or (2) want to try and negotiate a new contract!

Did you ask someone at the club to get that opinion?

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I see people on social media really praising Sheff U players for deferring their wages and bonuses (And knocking our players as well).

But I dont think this is that much of a sacrifice by Sheff U players, still as far as I can see getting full wages just have to wait a few months for part of it. 

It came out in court the Prince didn’t have a pot to p**s in.

A lot of clubs in the Premier League have wealthy owners who can cover the losses during this break from football, I’m not sure the Prince can.

This may have been a straight choice between deferring their wages or serious financial problems for the club.

As for our lot, I wouldn’t expect them to defer their wages as I often think the sole motivator for most of them is pay day at the end of the week.

Edited by TrickyTrev

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

I don't see any difference between our players and players at any other football club.

I do.

With our lot I see a group of players who have very little pride in what they’re doing and as long as they get paid couldn’t care less.

As much as I hate to praise them, they are the polar opposite of the players who turn out for the pigs each week.

At least that’s how I see it.

38 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

With our lot I see a group of players who have very little pride in what they’re doing and as long as they get paid couldn’t care less.

I'd be interested in hearing what a neutral person see's 

I don't think they'd be able to tell any difference between 'our lot' and 'any other lot'

Owlstalk Shop

I know this topic has descended into a cat fight but can I just respond to Grandad's question.

No not heard anything and don't really expect to.

There has been some discussion on social media suggesting that any club who defer wages until the end of the year ,or use the furlough scheme to pay player, should not be allowed to sign any new players until everything paid back. (Some clubs not aiming to pay all what is owing to players for a year)

The reasoning being that the clubs may use the money saved to buy players when other clubs cannot as they are still paying their existing players.  If this makes sense!