Refund

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

In the same forum he also said if we wanted to see better players we had to pay more to attend matches.

I often think he just makes it up as he goes along.

It was the one where he got standing ovation from saying that he knows more about football than anyone, and that we had a better squad than Sheffield United's (just before United got promoted with theirs)

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It was the one where he got standing ovation from saying that he knows more about football than anyone, and that we had a better squad than Sheffield United's (just before United got promoted with theirs)

I remember it pal.

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

From the last big Fans Forum Chansiri held at SWFC (19th December 2018)

Chansiri - “who do you think pays for everything in this club” 

Fans - “us” 

Chansiri - “I tell you now, your money doesn’t cover anything”

The point still stands that English isn’t his language and I doubt he meant it in exactly that way.. The sentence doesn’t make sense because in that context ‘doesn’t cover anything’ means ‘nothing’ which is obviously not right when some money is going in. The fans are deluded too if they thought that we pay for most of the cost of his shi*t show. Just think you can’t take Chansiri literally on lots of things because he doesn’t communicate well at all

3 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Semantics.

The EFL describes itself as "the largest single body of professional clubs in European football" Its "strategic direction" is dictated by the EFL Board of Directors  - there are nine of them on the board, six of whom are divisional representatives elected by member clubs. The power lies with the clubs not Parry.

Where are clubs like Wednesday going to walk to? Set up a little league of our own with Derby and Birmingham? That will get boring pretty quickly. Or are we talking about a Premier League 2 and trying to tempt some of the bigger clubs away from the EFL? That would cripple smaller clubs even further.  

The year is 1991, Rickygoo is laughing at the idea of a break away from the football league.  He asked "where are they going to go?".

Do you really think that any of the Championship chairmen give more than a passing thought to the smaller clubs?  The people who've bought clubs with the prospect of untold millions on offer in "the promised land"?

Just not bothered...

13 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

The year is 1991, Rickygoo is laughing at the idea of a break away from the football league.  He asked "where are they going to go?".

Do you really think that any of the Championship chairmen give more than a passing thought to the smaller clubs?  The people who've bought clubs with the prospect of untold millions on offer in "the promised land"?

Why not, would i welcome PL2 if we were in it Yes. To be rid of the EFL would be a bonus, least the PL delivers to its members.

If it's a choice between us doing well and clubs like Carlisle or Oldham struggling or going Part time then so be.it. we have far too many full time clubs for the size of our country.

I wont be wanting a refund for this seasons games. regards next season either the season starts on usual start date or it gets delayed a few weeks because it wont be acceptable next season watching on tv with nobody in stadium . if this is all about saving lives then ban smoking as its claimed that 96000 die every year due to it. life is full of risks if the risk is too high you don't go to it and those who medically aint in 100% health should be given a refund. 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I wont be wanting a refund for this seasons games. regards next season either the season starts on usual start date or it gets delayed a few weeks because it wont be acceptable next season watching on tv with nobody in stadium . if this is all about saving lives then ban smoking as its claimed that 96000 die every year due to it. life is full of risks if the risk is too high you don't go to it and those who medically aint in 100% health should be given a refund. 

Loads of people in their 20s and 30s have died of it.. Even though statistically it’s a small percentage the absolute numbers would still be a lot across the whole population. There’s no chance they just let people get it and risk dying... even if they did they’d basically have to stop anyone over 45 going because the risk is too high which would kill our attendances anyway 

Guest LondonOwl313
44 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I think there’s a big difference between that and a championship breakaway. In 1991 it was quite simple in that the big clubs can say ‘hey, look we’re worth much more money than this and we can get a broadcast deal with sky worth many times more than what we currently get. So you, EFL, can either fit in with that and let us get on with it, or go your own way and there will be no promotion or relegation anymore.’ That would have basically rendered the EFL product as almost worthless.. nobody would watch championship football if there was no promotion or play offs to play for if there was simultaneously the Prem alongside it. So they have to fit in with that.

If the top half of the championship in 2020 decide they want to do the same, the Premier League are unlikely to sanction a PL2 as why would they want to split their revenues. Plus while some of the clubs at this level are sizeable they’re no big 6 which is the main draw, and even was the case in 1991... the interest was/is Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool plus the others that have got to their level. So realistically, going it alone the championship wouldn’t be a massive draw.. not to the extent that we’d get so much more money. L1 and L2 don’t get all that much from the TV companies anyway so there’s not much scope to take their revenue anyway. You’d also have to agree promotion to the PL and relegation to the EFL, which unlike in 1991 the other parties wouldn’t be bent over a barrel to agree to it. I’m sure the PL wouldn’t care if there was no relegation anymore and the EFL might try to do their own deal with the PL or just think f*ck it we don’t need to be tied to this.

its much more complicated  

7 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I think there’s a big difference between that and a championship breakaway. In 1991 it was quite simple in that the big clubs can say ‘hey, look we’re worth much more money than this and we can get a broadcast deal with sky worth many times more than what we currently get. So you, EFL, can either fit in with that and let us get on with it, or go your own way and there will be no promotion or relegation anymore.’ That would have basically rendered the EFL product as almost worthless.. nobody would watch championship football if there was no promotion or play offs to play for if there was simultaneously the Prem alongside it. So they have to fit in with that.

If the top half of the championship in 2020 decide they want to do the same, the Premier League are unlikely to sanction a PL2 as why would they want to split their revenues. Plus while some of the clubs at this level are sizeable they’re no big 6 which is the main draw, and even was the case in 1991... the interest was/is Man Utd/Arsenal/Liverpool plus the others that have got to their level. So realistically, going it alone the championship wouldn’t be a massive draw.. not to the extent that we’d get so much more money. L1 and L2 don’t get all that much from the TV companies anyway so there’s not much scope to take their revenue anyway. You’d also have to agree promotion to the PL and relegation to the EFL, which unlike in 1991 the other parties wouldn’t be bent over a barrel to agree to it. I’m sure the PL wouldn’t care if there was no relegation anymore and the EFL might try to do their own deal with the PL or just think f*ck it we don’t need to be tied to this.

its much more complicated  

So if the Championship clubs walked up to the EPL and said "we'll do you a deal, we'll get in bed with you, we'll keep the horses!t payments you give to the EFL but you only have to give it to us, don't fanny around with L1 and L2, we can still do promotion, the play-offs and all that.  But we have a nice 40 team closed shop with the excitement of promotion and relegation, more money for everyone, and sack off the nonsense that comes with the EFL and their constant witch hunts of teams promoted to the EPL and threats of not allowing them back in if they're relegated.".  You don't think they might listen?

Just not bothered...

32 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

It about not overwhelming the health system and your probably not going to be watching games live in a stadium this year. For that reason. 

Get used to it. 

Edited by Maddogbob

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So if the Championship clubs walked up to the EPL and said "we'll do you a deal, we'll get in bed with you, we'll keep the horses!t payments you give to the EFL but you only have to give it to us, don't fanny around with L1 and L2, we can still do promotion, the play-offs and all that.  But we have a nice 40 team closed shop with the excitement of promotion and relegation, more money for everyone, and sack off the nonsense that comes with the EFL and their constant witch hunts of teams promoted to the EPL and threats of not allowing them back in if they're relegated.".  You don't think they might listen?

I don’t think the PL care much at all about what goes on outside.. they might have a moderate interest in the championship given promotion/relegation issues but L1 and L2 are miles off their radar. 

I still can’t see where the breakaway championship would get its extra money from. Because the PL won’t be sharing their TV rights.. and with the parachute payments you mention, the PL don’t pay them to the EFL they pay them to their own clubs in the seasons following relegation. Given at the start of every season there are basically 13 teams that could go down (excluding the top 6 and Everton), why would the PL vote to stop the current set up on parachute payments to give them directly to the championship. They won’t because it means they’re effectively giving money away if they were to suffer relegation 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Loads of people in their 20s and 30s have died of it.. Even though statistically it’s a small percentage the absolute numbers would still be a lot across the whole population. There’s no chance they just let people get it and risk dying... even if they did they’d basically have to stop anyone over 45 going because the risk is too high which would kill our attendances anyway 

I read its 3 in 10000 under 30  and not sure if that 3 have underlaying health issues . 99% survive this evil disease but that includes all ages once you take away over 65s and those with underlaying health issues the risk is extremely low . ive no idea whats going to happen in the future but I cant see this just disappearing and a vaccine for us all by aug/sept that's just not going to happen . so unless every job every business and just about everything else is to be stopped from going under some kind or normality needs to resume ,even if some choose to wear masks for there own safety or just to make them feel more secure.  the places where you are most prone to pick up viruses are enclosed spaces,buses,tube etc Ive never caught a virus from going to a football match but have caught many from when I used to go to nightclubs etc . some may choose going to football etc isn't a risk worth taking . 

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I don’t think the PL care much at all about what goes on outside.. they might have a moderate interest in the championship given promotion/relegation issues but L1 and L2 are miles off their radar. 

I still can’t see where the breakaway championship would get its extra money from. Because the PL won’t be sharing their TV rights.. and with the parachute payments you mention, the PL don’t pay them to the EFL they pay them to their own clubs in the seasons following relegation. Given at the start of every season there are basically 13 teams that could go down (excluding the top 6 and Everton), why would the PL vote to stop the current set up on parachute payments to give them directly to the championship. They won’t because it means they’re effectively giving money away if they were to suffer relegation 

Where did I mention parachute payments?  I was talking about TV revenue.  And the EPL2 would absolutely have more draw than the EFL does.  For a start it's the brand.  If the EPL felt that expanding their brand to incorporate genuinely big teams like Leeds, Forest, Us, etc. would add to the brand why not.  Like you say, they don't care about L1 and L2, sack them off.  Give the EFL money to the EPL2 and off you go.  The EPL have no interest in Fleetwood Town and Morecambe, but they absolutely want Leeds, Fulham, West Brom, Forest, Us, Derby all knocking on the door.  I'm pretty sure if you offered the EPL a swap of Leeds for Bournemouth tomorrow they'd bite your hand off.

Just not bothered...

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I read its 3 in 10000 under 30  and not sure if that 3 have underlaying health issues . 99% survive this evil disease but that includes all ages once you take away over 65s and those with underlaying health issues the risk is extremely low . ive no idea whats going to happen in the future but I cant see this just disappearing and a vaccine for us all by aug/sept that's just not going to happen . so unless every job every business and just about everything else is to be stopped from going under some kind or normality needs to resume ,even if some choose to wear masks for there own safety or just to make them feel more secure.  the places where you are most prone to pick up viruses are enclosed spaces,buses,tube etc Ive never caught a virus from going to a football match but have caught many from when I used to go to nightclubs etc . some may choose going to football etc isn't a risk worth taking . 

I'm going to guess, you're not a virologist are you.  Because that statement there is brilliantly hilarious in so many ways.

Unless you were the guy on the Top getting a blowie, you've no idea where you've got a virus from.

Just not bothered...

Guest LondonOwl313
1 minute ago, mattitheowl said:

Where did I mention parachute payments?  I was talking about TV revenue.  And the EPL2 would absolutely have more draw than the EFL does.  For a start it's the brand.  If the EPL felt that expanding their brand to incorporate genuinely big teams like Leeds, Forest, Us, etc. would add to the brand why not.  Like you say, they don't care about L1 and L2, sack them off.  Give the EFL money to the EPL2 and off you go.  The EPL have no interest in Fleetwood Town and Morecambe, but they absolutely want Leeds, Fulham, West Brom, Forest, Us, Derby all knocking on the door.  I'm pretty sure if you offered the EPL a swap of Leeds for Bournemouth tomorrow they'd bite your hand off.

Thought that’s what you meant by ‘horsesh*t payments’ lol. I’m sure they would like some of the bigger teams to go up.. I think what you’re saying is that the overall revenue of a PL + PL2 would be higher than under the current set up. I’m just not sure it would be. The only way it would be workable is if that was the case