Refund

6 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Set there own up league up. EFL (orginastion) is only as strong as the number of clubs it represents. 

In reality it dosnt matter in the grand scheme of things. Footballs got some huge issues it needs to resolve now. 

If some breakaway and form there own league then there dream of the reaching the prem would be over ....cant see them giving that up .

2 minutes ago, torryowl said:

If some breakaway and form there own league then there dream of the reaching the prem would be over ....cant see them giving that up .

Not if you gazump the EFL.

Remember this is a race to the bottom, plus prem is also going to have some serious financial issues itself. 

Thats if you apply the logic to the whole of football. I don't think anyone is immune totally from this. 

Edited by Maddogbob

With 5 home games unplayed my pro rata rebate would be £130 for mine and my Son tickets.  I would certainly expect the club to offer some sort of payement and not a pass to ifollow.  

Even if it was credit note against future cup games there should be something.  

Think another concerning aspect is the ridiculously early deadline for season tickets.  There will be households with multiple tickets that could have paid £1 to 2K that they can ill afford now and should be something else to be considered.

I just can’t see the club handing back £1-£2 million back to fans in cold hard cash.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see some sort of voucher scheme set up. A % off your next season ticket, club shop

vouchers, heavily discounted new shirts and kits for those who have a 19/20 ST, a couple of match day tickets are thrown in for friends and family. 

Edited by Mac_77

24 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Unless that breakaway was in cahoots with the EPL (Think EPL2) or if the whole EFL decided they wanted to dissolve the EFL and start up a breakaway FLE.  They'd likely have to negotiate the promotion/relegation with the EPL but I can't imagine they would be too bothered.

It happened in Scotland a few years ago.

Just not bothered...

33 minutes ago, the third man said:

No not asking for a refund, it is just one of those things that no one could have planned for

I don't thing the games will be played at all anyway

but what about ST holders next year?

Legally im sure they would have to compensate for this years too

They just need to pro rata accordingly. I think we will get a refund for the games we missed plus free access to ifollow for when games are played behind closed doors. 

I think an announcement will be made soon because it’s in the clubs interest to give fans a number of options, pending further govt advice.

Guest Grandad

Why should I not demand a refund - given the players don't seem to be out of pocket in any way shape or form?

Instead of the Championship getting their heads together to talk about a mass administration - they should get their heads together and furlough every player at every club

Depends for me.  If they void this season,  I would probably not bother with a refund.  However if they insist of carrying on with the farce of playing behind closed doors.  I will demand a refund. 

If you have paid for a season ticket for next year, you should be offered a full refund, if you arnt allowed to take up that seat, due to government restrictions. 

If choose to take that refund up, is totally personal choice. 

The big issue is how are the league and clubs going to produce a chargeable product.  Which can't be more expensive than it is now. 

Edited by Maddogbob

36 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Why should I not demand a refund - given the players don't seem to be out of pocket in any way shape or form?

Instead of the Championship getting their heads together to talk about a mass administration - they should get their heads together and furlough every player at every club

Can you imagine the players getting only £2500 a month lol

Im not bothered about a refund as such, but as other people have said, some sort go good will to cover part of the money lost, such as free or discounted cup matches or a free shirt (not that i want one of those), a couple of free tickets for friends.

Guest Grandad
12 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Can you imagine the players getting only £2500 a month lol

If they threaten to go on strike I'd say "OK".

Don't have to pay anything then

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Tell that to the EFL

That's simply not true though is it.  The clubs are members of the EFL, but the EFL as an organisation is a separate entity.

The owners of the EFL are the clubs..each clubs has one share.

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

Tell that to the EFL

That's simply not true though is it.  The clubs are members of the EFL, but the EFL as an organisation is a separate entity.

Semantics.

The EFL describes itself as "the largest single body of professional clubs in European football" Its "strategic direction" is dictated by the EFL Board of Directors  - there are nine of them on the board, six of whom are divisional representatives elected by member clubs. The power lies with the clubs not Parry.

Where are clubs like Wednesday going to walk to? Set up a little league of our own with Derby and Birmingham? That will get boring pretty quickly. Or are we talking about a Premier League 2 and trying to tempt some of the bigger clubs away from the EFL? That would cripple smaller clubs even further.