Refund

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Oh yeah refund them, totally. Football won't survive being mothballed unfortunately. Well in its current state. 

On top Of that you've got wider things to concider, like for example youth team programmes, they also need funding. 

The only way it'll survive (in a pro sense or as is) is to play it behind closed doors based on a sustainable rebooted model. Ie reduced wages etc. 

Anyone hoping for the norm to return short term will be dissapointed. 

I think those hoping for football to survive in its current state may be clinging to a vain hope no matter what, I'm afraid.

Players are going to have to accept significant pay cuts, otherwise they're going to drive their clubs out of business and cut off their own earning streams for future years.

• Like 1

One thing is for absolute CERTAIN...

It's most definitely NOT the job of the working man football fan to pay for, lend money to, rescue, or hand over any money to keep their club afloat in the day of multi-billion pound TV deals, millionaire footballers, and billionaire club owners.

Owlstalk Shop

Unfortunately, as I posted in another thread earlier this morning, football is eating itself...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/20/efl-considers-transfer-embargo-on-clubs-who-defer-players-wages

The EFL is to consider preventing clubs who defer the wages of their players from spending money in the transfer market.

In a move to be discussed between the league and its clubs this week, the proposal would necessitate that any money owed to playing staff be paid before a club could add to their squad or increase the collective wage bill.

The concept of an embargo originated with the Professional Footballers’ Association, which gives it a good chance of succeeding. A reluctance on the part of the players’ union to countenance pay reductions has been one reason behind the gridlock.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Unfortunately, as I posted in another thread earlier this morning, football is eating itself...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/apr/20/efl-considers-transfer-embargo-on-clubs-who-defer-players-wages

The EFL is to consider preventing clubs who defer the wages of their players from spending money in the transfer market.

In a move to be discussed between the league and its clubs this week, the proposal would necessitate that any money owed to playing staff be paid before a club could add to their squad or increase the collective wage bill.

The concept of an embargo originated with the Professional Footballers’ Association, which gives it a good chance of succeeding. A reluctance on the part of the players’ union to countenance pay reductions has been one reason behind the gridlock.

I'm wondering if there is any will for some clubs to walk away from the efl full stop. 

There is going to be a massive race to the bottom. It's actually quite funny to watch. It's been coming far far to long this, football kinda deserves it. 

Edited by Maddogbob

2 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

I'm wondering if there is any will for some clubs to walk away from the efl full stop. 

There is going to be a massive race to the bottom. It's actually quite funny to watch. It's been coming far far to long this, football kinda deserves it. 

At the top levels, it's long overdue.

I do feel for a lot of smaller clubs who've struggled to keep their heads above water in the artificially-inflated economies created by the top levels of the game for the past few decades, though.

Not too fussed about the refund although we have a couple of ST.

It may be an option that as a gesture where the club gift any "refund money" to the local NHS. 20k x £100 = £2m. Just a thought obviously depends on people's circumstances and would need the ST owners to agree but, seems to make sense to me?

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

It may be an option that as a gesture where the club gift any "refund money" to the local NHS. 20k x £100 = £2m. Just a thought obviously depends on people's circumstances and would need the ST owners to agree but, seems to make sense to me?

How can you get season ticket holders to agree? Obviously it could never be universal.. As a few others have pointed out there are plenty of people struggling for money and getting a refund could mean a lot to them.. it wouldn’t be right to just take that money off them and give it away

The club should just give people their money back and then if people think they don’t need it they could give it to charity themselves. 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

How can you get season ticket holders to agree? Obviously it could never be universal.. As a few others have pointed out there are plenty of people struggling for money and getting a refund could mean a lot to them.. it wouldn’t be right to just take that money off them and give it away

The club should just give people their money back and then if people think they don’t need it they could give it to charity themselves. 

Sensible

Just now, LondonOwl313 said:

Could be done easily, just email all ST holders click yes or no, ones who want to gift can those who don't could get a refund.

Guest The Claw

I don't want to watch th games on tv I paid to sit in the stands, swfc can knock the price of the next season ticket I purchase 

Guest The Claw
30 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

You donate yours , I'll spend mine how I deem fit

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

One thing is for absolute CERTAIN...

It's most definitely NOT the job of the working man football fan to pay for, lend money to, rescue, or hand over any money to keep their club afloat in the day of multi-billion pound TV deals, millionaire footballers, and billionaire club owners.

Tell that to the EFL

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Where are they going to walk to? The clubs are the EFL.

That's simply not true though is it.  The clubs are members of the EFL, but the EFL as an organisation is a separate entity.

Just not bothered...

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Where are they going to walk to? The clubs are the EFL.

Set there own up league up. EFL (orginastion) is only as strong as the number of clubs it represents. 

In reality it dosnt matter in the grand scheme of things. Footballs got some huge issues it needs to resolve now. 

Edited by Maddogbob