Refund

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, Nero said:

Common misconception that. 96% of UK households have internet. That was 2019 figure too and it will be even more now.  It's even more vital for elderly people.

It will only be a handful who are able to physically get to games who dont have internet.

That’s surprisingly high.. none of my grandparents have internet nor would they know how to use a computer. I’d have thought most people over 75-80 don’t have the internet

11 minutes ago, Nero said:

Common misconception that. 96% of UK households have internet. That was 2019 figure too and it will be even more now.  It's even more vital for elderly people.

It will only be a handful who are able to physically get to games who dont have internet.

1623192859_ScreenShot2020-04-21at11_06_02.png.34bf2cf5cca4ab42886dbe92f7c6464b.png

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

2 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

That’s surprisingly high.. none of my grandparents have internet nor would they know how to use a computer. I’d have thought most people over 75-80 don’t have the internet

Well if people had voted Labour 😉

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

Might be a case of tough then Or perhaps the radio. 

Surely they'll be entitled to a refund, rather than just 'tough luck', though?

Personally, the idea of behind closed doors games shouldn't even be considered: without the fans, football is nothing. Until such time as the stadiums can be safely reopened, the game needs to be mothballed. 

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

I work with local authorities and as you can imagine they are keen to keep everyone digitally included.  It would be unlikely but not totally unheard of that our older fans can physically get to a game but dont have the common sense to use the internet.

The graph posted above shows users not access

Screenshot_20200421-110633_Chrome.thumb.jpg.993614b0020040f5e9b0cabc810145b1.jpg

QIf the games are behind closed doors football clubs all over the country may be forced to pay back fans for the remaining matches.

We currently have 5 home games remaining. I sit on the North, costs me £555. Works out at £24 per game. Meaning I’d lose out on £120.

Club have been paying players for over a month now. Numerous players in that time will have earned obscene amounts of money. I don’t think it’s wrong for any fan to think they are owed some money IF games are to be played behind closed doors. 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

Surely everyone should be paying top ups? Look at the benefits of less stress and increased life expectancy of not turning up every Saturday!

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, modboy said:

Well if people had voted Labour 😉

Lol.. they’d have internet access but no computer to actually use it. I think it comes down to how old you were when it took off, which is probably about 20 years ago. Anyone who was still working at that time would have seen it and got used to it, then used it for themselves at home. So that’s people up to the age of about 75-80.

Anyone who was already 60 20 years ago and retired had no use for it, never got comfortable with it and just carried on their life as normal. If you’re that age group you’ve basically had to go out of your way to learn about it because you were interested rather than it being a normal automatic part of your life 

1 minute ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Lol.. they’d have internet access but no computer to actually use it. I think it comes down to how old you were when it took off, which is probably about 20 years ago. Anyone who was still working at that time would have seen it and got used to it, then used it for themselves at home. So that’s people up to the age of about 75-80.

Anyone who was already 60 20 years ago and retired had no use for it, never got comfortable with it and just carried on their life as normal. If you’re that age group you’ve basically had to go out of your way to learn about it because you were interested rather than it being a normal automatic part of your life 

Both my parents are 80. They've got phones and computers as have all their friends and they are all posting on Facebook etc. 

I wish to god they weren't though.....

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I think it's too early to just say refund

They might for example offer everyone the option to watch at home on their TV instead?

I don't want a refund, but I really don't think you will satisfy people who do by giving them access to a stream of an empty stadium.

ST prices average out at about £24 a game (North stand), you can't justify charging £24 to watch in your front room.  Especially for a family who have 4 tickets and can all watch together!  £100 a game to watch something they normally charge a tenner for isn't great.

I'd be happy with some form of future credit or offer (shop vouchers, cup tickets, discount on away tickets, etc.).  Not even to the full value.  But if they offered say 50% off a shirt and 3 half price away tickets I'd be pretty happy with that.

• Like 1

Just not bothered...

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, Nero said:

I work with local authorities and as you can imagine they are keen to keep everyone digitally included.  It would be unlikely but not totally unheard of that our older fans can physically get to a game but dont have the common sense to use the internet.

The graph posted above shows users not access

Screenshot_20200421-110633_Chrome.thumb.jpg.993614b0020040f5e9b0cabc810145b1.jpg

Lol common sense? You’ve never seen an old person try and use a computer when they never have before have you. It’s not about common sense, even really basic stuff like knowing how to press a key on a keyboard isn’t obvious to them. I remember being a kid and telling my grandad to type his name thinking it was obvious how to do that, he held the ‘W’ (to try and spell William) key down so long that it was just a long string of ‘Wwwwwwwwww’ on screen lol.

It takes some time to help them to learn. And at their ages a lot of them don’t have the concentration for it or the interest 

Just now, modboy said:

depends if we have "spent" the money though 

Why does it?  I don't want a refund, I'd be happy for it to be deferred (as I'm sure a good number of people would).  

I appreciate some people will need the money, but so will the club!

Just not bothered...

18 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Surely they'll be entitled to a refund, rather than just 'tough luck', though?

Personally, the idea of behind closed doors games shouldn't even be considered: without the fans, football is nothing. Until such time as the stadiums can be safely reopened, the game needs to be mothballed. 

Oh yeah refund them, totally. Football won't survive being mothballed unfortunately. Well in its current state. 

On top Of that you've got wider things to concider, like for example youth team programmes, they also need funding. 

The only way it'll survive (in a pro sense or as is) is to play it behind closed doors based on a sustainable rebooted model. Ie reduced wages etc. 

Anyone hoping for the norm to return short term will be dissapointed. 

Edited by Maddogbob

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Regardless of some faults our chairman has, not looking after the fans isn't one of them. I'm confident he will come forward with something that makes our fans happy if they don't want to take up the Ifollow offer.

The Chairman won't want to upset or stress out anyone so will come good I'm sure of it.

Me too. Over 7 tiers with packages ranging from £20000 to free :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Why does it?  I don't want a refund, I'd be happy for it to be deferred (as I'm sure a good number of people would).  

I appreciate some people will need the money, but so will the club!

how would they fund the year after?