Refund

On 21/04/2020 at 13:02, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

With 5 home games unplayed my pro rata rebate would be £130 for mine and my Son tickets.  I would certainly expect the club to offer some sort of payement and not a pass to ifollow.  

Even if it was credit note against future cup games there should be something.  

Think another concerning aspect is the ridiculously early deadline for season tickets.  There will be households with multiple tickets that could have paid £1 to 2K that they can ill afford now and should be something else to be considered.

Bang on the money (no pun intended).

We have four season tickets in the family and we've already renewed for next season. Fortunately, we were able to renew on credit card so, if next season is impacted considerably and clubs do not offer a refund, we should be able to claim from the credit card company.

As you would imagine, missing the odd game here and there, especially given the circumstances, is neither here nor there.

Coronavirus is not the clubs' nor football's fault, but it's not the fans' fault either.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

So why do they get paid over the summer then?  

How many angles can you come at a question from? They're working a proportion of what they should but still pulling a full wage. It's wrong in my book and I suspect most people's moral compass would come to the same conclusion.

Guest Manwithastick

I moved into a new house 2 days before lockdown. No wifi, just a 4G mifi device. Sky have cancelled 2 install appointments.

iFollow or any streaming service is useless to me. 

Edited by Manwithastick

I want a refund for any games I can’t go to this season and any games I can’t go to next season.

I also want a refund on the flights I’ve booked that are about to be cancelled. It’s no different.

Watching on Ifollow is the equivalent of the airline giving me some time on an electric sun bed.

Edited by Loxley Owl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

If the season is cancelled or played behind closed doors I dont see how all season ticket holders and members can be denied a pro rata  refund , you have paid a supplier upfront for a service that then is not supplied. Why it is not being supplied is irrelevant.

One holiday company was offering a refund or 125% credit against future purchases that's fair enough but I think they have to offer the refund.

On 21/04/2020 at 09:05, Stoop said:

I won’t be, but will anyone else be wanting money refunding if the remaining home games are played behind closed doors

I’d personally be happy if they put some sort of credit onto my account to either spend on away games or in the club shop. 

1 hour ago, Geedee said:

If the season is cancelled or played behind closed doors I dont see how all season ticket holders and members can be denied a pro rata  refund , you have paid a supplier upfront for a service that then is not supplied. Why it is not being supplied is irrelevant.

One holiday company was offering a refund or 125% credit against future purchases that's fair enough but I think they have to offer the refund.

Absolutely correct. I booked to see Francis Rossi at Chesterfield and Ian Anderson at Buxton. The concerts are cancelled and the theatres have refunded my money.  They haven't said well, heres a CD, listen to that instead.

58 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

Absolutely correct. I booked to see Francis Rossi at Chesterfield and Ian Anderson at Buxton. The concerts are cancelled and the theatres have refunded my money.  They haven't said well, heres a CD, listen to that instead.

Did they send a balaclava to attend the concerts in😂

1 hour ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I’d personally be happy if they put some sort of credit onto my account to either spend on away games or in the club shop. 

I wouldn’t. Everything else I’ve booked has been refunded. Why should football continue to play by its own rules? Refund the fans from the players wages, and let them try and get the money back from the club. 

Just try it lads, and see what happens.

It’s about time football and footballers got a kick in the balls. 

15 minutes ago, vulva said:

I wouldn’t. Everything else I’ve booked has been refunded. Why should football continue to play by its own rules? Refund the fans from the players wages, and let them try and get the money back from the club. 

Just try it lads, and see what happens.

It’s about time football and footballers got a kick in the balls. 

Why the players? Why should the players refund us!? 😂 it’s not there fault! 

Just now, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Why the players? Why should the players refund us!? 😂 it’s not there fault! 

Fans have helped fund the players obscene wages for years. Whether that be through inflated ticket prices, or TV subscriptions. 

It might not be their fault, but the game is at a tipping point in my opinion, and it’s crying out for some leadership and direction. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Fans have helped fund the players obscene wages for years. Whether that be through inflated ticket prices, or TV subscriptions. 

It might not be their fault, but the game is at a tipping point in my opinion, and it’s crying out for some leadership and direction. 

Fans fund the club... the club chooses to pay the players what ever money they want. Football makes a lot of money and players deserve a cut from that. Not there fault, so it’s the clubs responsibility not the players. 

6 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

Fans fund the club... the club chooses to pay the players what ever money they want. Football makes a lot of money and players deserve a cut from that. Not there fault, so it’s the clubs responsibility not the players. 

There is zero point pooring yet more money into an unsustainable model. 

Football was at that brink. Just look at the state of it before this. Bury and Bolton. 

Greed created this. Greed of fans (for more expensive players) greed of players and agents and greed of clubs chasing the next quick quid. 

All convid 19 did was tip it over the edge a bit quicker. 

The football league needs a reboot and a strong one at that. There isn't the money to sustain it. 

Edited by Maddogbob

4 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

There is zero point pooring yet more money into an unsustainable model. 

Football was at that brink. Just look at the state of it before this. Bury and Bolton. 

Greed created this. Greed of fans (for more expensive players) greed of players and agents and greed of clubs chasing the next quick quid. 

All convid 19 did was tip it over the edge a bit quicker. 

The football league needs a reboot and a strong one at that. There isn't the money to sustain it. 

I agree... but  I was arguing the point that the players shouldn’t refund the fans? 

9 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

I agree... but  I was arguing the point that the players shouldn’t refund the fans? 

They do by poxy by taking the pay cut. 

Players aren't angels in all of this. Yes perhaps a chicken and egg argument. But if they have only played 80% of the season then they should only get 80%.

Most clubs probably can't cover that other 20% without revenue coming in. 

It's excatly the same as the man or woman on the street. 

Edited by Maddogbob

5 minutes ago, Maddogbob said:

They do by poxy by taking the pay cut. 

Players aren't angels in all of this. Yes perhaps a chicken and egg argument. But if they have only played 80% of the season then they should only get 80%.

Most clubs probably can't cover that other 20% without revenue coming in. 

It's excatly the same as the man or woman on the street. 

I literally have no idea what your talking about. 

The players should only get paid what the owners are willing to pay them surly? And I still don’t understand why it’s the players responsibility to refund us? 

13 minutes ago, Derbyshireowl3 said:

no they shouldn't but if a club as only a certain amount of money then they should refund the season ticket holders  rather than pay the players …..