Rate the kit..

2 hours ago, paddyowl said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT2EAOaSMOYcWIReNrJO_x

9/10

Just shows how people opinions are different.  Purple and Yellow, with an orangey tinge.

I didn't mind the silver and purple number, it was different and I can't remember another club having a similar design.  

16 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I can go with that, loved the orange kit but felt it was let down by the hideous  badge.

Surely that badge is better than the one we have now tho

If we had that now we'd have an orange black and white kit with a blue badge.

It bothers me enough that the blue on the badge isn't the same as the blue on the kit.

If we had a black and white badge, at least just on the away kits, it would look a lot better.

Flip me I'm bored.

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

EC2F8130-85F2-48DF-830C-035D767F037A.jpeg

I had it. Full kit. Must have been on offer. I said to my mum one year that I loved our away kits, thinking I would get the classic yellow. The yellow stoped & I got this & the Celtic rip off kit. Gutted. I wore this for PE once, the PE teacher was a nob Geordie (rare, as they're usually a good bunch) who once played for Newcastle (& didn't we know it), he took the p*ss out of me all lesson about the kit, properly like I was a mate down the pub, at the time I thought is he allowed to do this? By todays standards I could have got him the sack. 

It grew on me though & quite liked it in the end & do now. Still in my garage. 7/10

Edited by Colinwestzicoest
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

I had it. Full kit. Must have been on offer. I said to my mum one year that I loved our away kits, thinking I would get the classic yellow. The yellow stoped & I got this & the Celtic rip off kit. Gutted. I wore this for PE once, the PE teacher was a nob Geordie (rare, as they're usually a good bunch) who once played for Newcastle (& didn't we know it), he took the p*ss out of me all lesson about the kit, properly like I was a mate down the pub, at the time I thought is he allowed to do this? By todays standards I could have got him the sack. 

It grew on me though & quite liked it in the end & do now. Still in my garage. 7/10

Who is , the geordie PE teacher ? 

Edited by Owl999
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Owl999 said:

It’s one of my 2 favourite away kits, reminds me of Colin Walker at Spurs , hat trick if I remember correctly 

Are you thinking of Colin's hat trick as a sub v Stockport (?) when it was played at Maine Road?

Don't remember Colin getting  a hat trick at Spurs, but correct me please.

25 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Are you thinking of Colin's hat trick as a sub v Stockport (?) when it was played at Maine Road?

I must have been I was only 12, he must have scored at spurs though or my mind is going lol 

2 hours ago, Colinwestzicoest said:

Think we spanked the geordies 4 1 in that kit and Hirsty scored a screamer. 

All the late 80's Umbro kits were cool as fuck, home and away. This was good but not as good as the green and white hoops. Wasn't until the black and yellow striped kit of the mid 90's that we had anything to rival it.

The yellow and pale blue promotion kit is iconic but overrated as far as kits go. 

6 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Those goals in the League Cup were the only ones he scored for us. He only made a handful of appearances. Was he the one who used to be a binman or am I mixing him up with someone else?