How much do we miss this guy?

54 minutes ago, freerole said:

Semedo over waddle then?

Waddle hardly pulled up any trees.

:ghoulguy:

That's a bizarre interpretation of what I said.

Waddle was a world-class winger. Him 'putting a shift in' looks very different to Semedo, a central midfielder, putting a shift in. And Waddle definitely put a shift in where and when it mattered. Don't let his laid-back body language fool you.

For relevant examples of more talented Championship central midfielders who made less impact than they should have, think McGugan, Coke, Butterfield, Abdi etc.

2 hours ago, 33 said:

To see what players of modest ability for their level can achieve when working tirelessly as a team then you need look no further than S2.

Semedo was also a leader on the pitch who galvanised the team around him and the support too.

He would not have let teams walk all over us as we have since Christmas.

To suggest Joey is a similar level is laughable. I reckon he would struggle to tackle a big breakfast.

Semedo was 20x more effective.

Fox has been decent this season and it has been recognised by the fans.

The fans aren't daft...

Oh I don't know.lol

• Haha 2

Don't know if you are aware of it but I think Semedo knows Ronaldo.

lol

Guest LittleG
4 hours ago, doubleo said:

It’s strange though. We have a couple of players now, Fox and Joey, who are in a similar mould but don’t get the same accolades. Neither of them seem to be trouble off the pitch, they don’t go missing for weeks with mysterious injuries, they don’t refuse to play for the club, they don’t go hiding on the pitch like some, they always put a shift in, and despite being targets of the boo boys they just turn up and do their job to the best of their ability. Not saying they are better than Jose but I wish some of our better players had the same attitude.

Think you're missing the point. Semedo and Loovens had strong personalities and were leaders on and off the pitch. Fox and Joey don't have this trait, no matter what effort they may put on on the pitch.

Guest Bulgaria
4 hours ago, agentwalker said:

You had similar players like, Wallace, hooper always playing with a smile.

Hooper was panting, not smiling.

Guest freerole
2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

:ghoulguy:

That's a bizarre interpretation of what I said.

Waddle was a world-class winger. Him 'putting a shift in' looks very different to Semedo, a central midfielder, putting a shift in. And Waddle definitely put a shift in where and when it mattered. Don't let his laid-back body language fool you.

For relevant examples of more talented Championship central midfielders who made less impact than they should have, think McGugan, Coke, Butterfield, Abdi etc.

I know, it was an extreme comparison but just a way of saying that it's not all about effort. Probably quite clumsily....

Funny thing is, I've been reading the Norwich City story of the last few seasons, from being in a similar position to us, albeit with parachute payments, having overpaid, ageing, disinterested players, and how they turned it around. They made a fresh start, and we all know the result. What i'm getting at is they brought in players who bought into the ethos, and wanted to play for the club,  and in the promotion season, manager and fans alike all single out Jordan Rhodes as a key figure to have at the club, not to mention some vital goals he scored.This is why they wanted him back. I know the subject is Semedo but it shows the value of having players like that, and begs the question, why hasn't Rhodes been the same with us , on and off the field. Or is it just us thats the problem ? 

I can’t think of many players we’ve had over the years that could legitimately say they left everything on the pitch and drove the rest of the team on; I can think of maybe four just off the top of my head in Gary Shelton and Carlton Palmer (who got up and down the pitch), and Semedo and Danny Wilson (that got a foot in and did the “dog” work for the others) - Semedo being a more honest “break up the play” technician and Wilson being a reight little nasty fvvcker when he needed to be.  

We lack a player with a Semedo/Wilson type attitude IMHO.  

11 hours ago, GerOwl said:

Don't know if you are aware of it but I think Semedo knows Ronaldo.

I still dont forgive him for not getting his pal Ronny to bring Real Madrid over for a friendly. Or, getting him to play for us as a guest in an exhibition game.

(joke)

We probably miss him off the pitch, like Loovens.  Both seemed like decent guys that had the respect of the squad and had good attitudes that rubbed off on others. 

I don;t think we have that in the squad at present.